• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,394
  • Days Won:  43

Well said! Bring back Leavitt!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,394
  • Days Won:  43

1 minute ago, Brad said:

I think it's the right plan.  I thought MK would have picked up on that element three years ago.  Hopefully, we take a long approach on this and put together a plan to turbo-boost the present and connect to a plan for the future.  Leavitt gets more positives from fans on the Twitter than any USF Football coach, player or admin.  He's much loved and respected.  Not by everyone, but very many.  To deny this or neglect the opportunity (again) would be heartbreaking. 

Leavitt has made USF football. 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

I don't hate the idea, but something tells me that even if he was hired we would end up disappointed

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,128
  • Days Won:  56

8 minutes ago, Brad said:

I think it's the right plan.  I thought MK would have picked up on that element three years ago.  Hopefully, we take a long approach on this and put together a plan to turbo-boost the present and connect to a plan for the future.  Leavitt gets more positives from fans on the Twitter than any USF Football coach, player or admin.  He's much loved and respected.  Not by everyone, but very many.  To deny this or neglect the opportunity (again) would be heartbreaking. 

I would applaud Jim’s return. It ain’t happening. Get ready for heartbreak. Everyone who wants to blame Judy Genshaft for the original firing should consider this: The woman is one of the university’s top 3-4 donors. Gonna risk that to bring Jim back?

Edited by Dave_Glaser

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

I have pointed it out a few times since his termination and USF's decision to pay him off.  Arizona State and Frank Kush came back together, although Kush was used mostly for fundraising.  It's not crazy to consider. 

I was reading old emails from 2010.  One from a Bulls Club contact that clearly stated most of the big time donors were disapporinted and angry at the way USF handled it and in firing Leavitt.  It was also mentioned recently that it was the reason the Outback boys said screw USF.  It would be nice to undo the self-inflicted damage from 2010...it's been long enough.  Once we fix that self-inflicted wound, we can work on the dozen others.

• Upvote 2
  • Go Bulls! 2

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,065
  • Days Won:  38

7 minutes ago, Brad said:

The fact that we didn't back then and then makes me think we won't now, but hey.

Just now, Brad said:

I have pointed it out a few times since his termination and USF's decision to pay him off.  Arizona State and Frank Kush came back together, although Kush was used mostly for fundraising.  It's not crazy to consider. 

I was reading old emails from 2010.  One from a Bulls Club contact that clearly stated most of the big time donors were disapporinted and angry at the way USF handled it and in firing Leavitt.  It was also mentioned recently that it was the reason the Outback boys said screw USF.  It would be nice to undo the self-inflicted damage from 2010...it's been long enough.  Once we fix that self-inflicted wound, we can work on the dozen others.

I wish this were the case.  It can bring closure to this giant bummer.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

7 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Stop, please. You and others are just setting yourselves up for disappointment.

I'm sorry, do you not think that the people on this board can handle some "disappointment"... it's all we have known for years, we can handle it. But in all honesty, it shouldn't be a pipe dream. It makes perfect sense. If you want to get some donors and help fund a stadium, that is the play. Most likely it turns out in winning games, but there would be a retirement agreement in my plan with CJL if he can't get it back on track. A retirement plan that lets him go out with dignity and a place on the USF mantle.

Everything else is a crapshoot at best and a Jeff Scott level disaster at worst.

• Like 1