• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Has there been any data released on our NIL numbers?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

20 minutes ago, Brad said:

Collectives, typically a consortium made up of previously exisiting donors/boosters/booster clubs who donate/raise funds explicitly for NIL to players, not unaffiliated firms that use players to generate revenue, take a cut and distribute rest.  The collective can facilitate NIL oppportuniteis between athletes and businesses.  Typically overseen by a board of directors and/or advisory team(s).  Some are even 501(c)(3) organizations.

Thanks. Is what you're trying on here kind of a collective then?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,018
  • Days Won:  469

Not sure.  After looking at collectives at other schools and discussing with the director of a Pac12 NIL Collective, I'm not sure.  I truly hope NIL goes away.  You're talking about difficult times for schools like USF.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,748
  • Days Won:  3

28 minutes ago, Brad said:

I truly hope NIL goes away.  You're talking about difficult times for schools like USF.

Well, there's some brands of toothpaste that just can't be put back in the tube. And the money flavored one called NIL is probably just such a brand. What I see is an accelerator dividing the haves and have nots with greater speed. That divide is going to be huge and invitations to cross the bridge will be few and far between.  So, is it 'difficult' times for USF or does it merely cement USF in its rightful place? It's one thing to have aspirations of national championships, but I fear that that reward is being set aside for you-know-who and if things continue to divide, USF might have to just be happy with what's available in non-P5 land. I would say something about "in the long run", but in the long run, we're all dead anyway. So, I think NIL is going to draw recruits to schools that can steer substantive NIL in their direction. Why not? College football is inching ever closer to NFL Lite (will players eventually be employees of the school?) and the creme de la creme players see more just compensation for their worth.  We'll wind up with X-number of schools serving heapin' helpings of NIL and Y-number of schools who 'eat what they can catch'. I'm not alleging that players were compensated under the table in the past, and now it's all in the open. I'd never say something like that. 'Cause one day, I might just run for office. 

Edited by WoolyBully

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,397
  • Days Won:  25

Ucf fans are claiming our boosters paid 300,000 to Gerry Bohanon to come here. It was the first I heard of that.  Does anyone know if that is true ? I think it total bs .

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,029
  • Days Won:  38

13 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Ucf fans are claiming our boosters paid 300,000 to Gerry Bohanon to come here. It was the first I heard of that.  Does anyone know if that is true ? I think it total bs .

I would have to tip my hat in respect to us.

14 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

59c199b4875ec_facepalmted.jpg.6c3070c66a1da67e70f3c0e8fee633e1.jpg

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,489
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Look at this guy over here thinking we have boosters willing to pay $300,000 for one player.  You're kidding, right?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,397
  • Days Won:  25

18 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

Look at this guy over here thinking we have boosters willing to pay $300,000 for one player.  You're kidding, right?

I don't think so because if so then we could take care of some other problems... My gym buddy that played went to ucf told me that and showed me on their message board.  I think it is total bs. 

57 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I don't think so because if so then we could take care of some other problems... My gym buddy that played went to ucf told me that and showed me on their message board.  I think it is total bs. 

Then why the **** even bothering post it here ....?