• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Has there been any data released on our NIL numbers?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  64
  • Days Won:  0

I like Grothe's example of getting a fishing charter with players as part of an outing and NIL activities. Who doesn't want to get paid to fish?!?!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,494

16 minutes ago, ClassOf2005Bull said:

I like Grothe's example of getting a fishing charter with players as part of an outing and NIL activities. Who doesn't want to get paid to fish?!?!

I think he meant the "payment" is the free fishing on a charter boat.  Someone is donating time/money to take them out fishing on a charter boat.  They said it's not always about the money, but experiences too.  Now, I guess you charter a bigger boat and take some of the collective members too for a meet and greet and then you can pay the players to fish.  I just listened to the whole thing and it helped me understand a little better how it works.  Players have to do something to be compensated.  They can't just hand stacks of cash to a player.  

Edited by bullstampede9922
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

I think he meant the "payment" is the free fishing on a charter boat.  Someone is donating time/money to take them out fishing on a charter boat.  They said it's not always about the money, but experiences too.  Now, I guess you charter a bigger boat and take some of the collective members too for a meet and greet and then you can pay the players to fish.  I just listened to the whole thing and it helped me understand a little better how it works.  Players have to do something to be compensated.  They can't just hand stacks of cash to a player.  

Yes, you are correct, I guess I worded it poorly. He did mention it as an experience, but doing it as part of the NIL monies received.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,080
  • Days Won:  39

1 minute ago, ClassOf2005Bull said:

Yes, you are correct, I guess I worded it poorly. He did mention it as an experience, but doing it as part of the NIL monies received.

It's a great idea how they are doing it.  It reminds me of Patreon style perks for podcasts and such...

• Like 1

Just now, Rocky Style said:

It's a great idea how they are doing it.  It reminds me of Patreon style perks for podcasts and such...

I think that's a perfect way to look at it.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,653
  • Days Won:  29

52 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

exactly. I wonder what the "fees" are and where they go.

Fees are website, taxes, etc.

59 minutes ago, Brad said:

I think what is going to be important is not what is collected, but what is paid out.  That is what will get attention.  Was there any mention on what was paid out to players?  I think they had a few twitter events with players.

They didn't really say specifics, but if player(s) come to Top Golf for a couple hours, they get paid - or 30 minutes to another event a different amount.

36 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

Exactly!

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,080
  • Days Won:  39

2 minutes ago, E.T. said:

Exactly!

Can we go recursive and have them promote the Fowler Ave collective and then pay them for their marketing efforts?

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

7 minutes ago, E.T. said:

Fees are website, taxes, etc.

Taxes?   Can they not register as a 501 C3?