• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

17 minutes ago, USFbulls24 said:

100% it's speculation. It's an educated guess. 

FIFY

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,515
  • Days Won:  25

12 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

Except they don't "back it up" but thanks for posting so we can see that his completion percentage and yards are similar in the 1st 2 and last 2 with the only real difference being the td passes .... like I said.  You also left off the increased rushing yards ..... You can also see the splits there between P5 and G5 ... like I said

I think 5  TDS/0 ints  and  6 Interceptions/0 TDS make the biggest difference. To each their own. I don't remember a QB ever winning a QB award with zero TDS and all interceptions. I left out his rushing yards because I said his passing has improved? If you want to feel better and call your self the winner go for it

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, Sk00b said:

GB is fine. He sat on the bench and built chemistry/played with that team for years. Sure, we overhyped him but that is what we do as fans. 

Well put. There are still plenty of players that sit and end up being pretty bad, though. Agreed though, we definitely overhyped him. 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

So our offense is starting to gel and our quarterback is starting to be what we hope he'd be... and some of you are still finding ways to complain and say he wasn't perfect when he got here??? 

You all even remember Mike White? How'd he look while he was at USF?

Do we remember the magical times with Matt Floyd and Bobby Eveld? 

This article can help us all reminisce...

10551828.jpg

USF's quarterback play since 2018 hasn't been stellar. But...

I personally forgot all about Blake Barnett. Do you all miss the Jordan McCloud days? I mean seriously,  Bohanon really does show promise. Especially when you look at all the players that are forgotten within the QB carousel days. Cade Fortin anyone...

• Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

5 hours ago, USFbulls24 said:

Pointless to go back and forth on this stuff. In my opinion, I believe the coaches thought he was a better passer than he truly is. Period. The second part, and main point of my initial response is that the QB for Baylor, Blake Shapen is a much better QB than Bohanon and it's not even close.

That's why they promoted Shapen, of course.  If your assessment is correct, Aranda did the right thing.

Do you think Bohanon was an upgrade to the position for us though?

He has missed some passes.  Again, I cut him a little slack when comparing Baylor stats to USF stats and the fact he hasn't been in this program anywhere close as long as Baylor. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,405
  • Days Won:  3

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

That's why they promoted Shapen, of course.  If your assessment is correct, Aranda did the right thing.

Do you think Bohanon was an upgrade to the position for us though?

He has missed some passes.  Again, I cut him a little slack when comparing Baylor stats to USF stats and the fact he hasn't been in this program anywhere close as long as Baylor. 

This is what i wonder as well. Would Timmy have better production early on? Hard to say. I think GB is hitting his stride. No way Timmy survives some of the beatings GB has taken. Hell, GB has barely survived some of those beatings. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Bohanon was clearly the safest “win now” option, only problem is they haven’t won

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,882
  • Days Won:  67

4 hours ago, Bullrush33 said:

It seems Scott and Trickett tried to make him a pocket passer the first couple of games and then let him go a little. 

I really think they were just trying to ensure he stayed healthy. We were out of the BYU game so early and Howard is trash so they simply protected him, no way they weren’t going to run him, that is his strength.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,882
  • Days Won:  67

11 minutes ago, WWMJD said:

Bohanon was clearly the safest “win now” option, only problem is they haven’t won

They haven’t but to drop all of this on GB is unfair, he extends drives with his feet and is getting more comfortable in the offense.  He is a huge upgrade and if we had better coaching we would have stole one of the Cincy, UF games.  This guy is the best QB since Q and will only get better, our Defense is trash though and they only show up for big games.  If Tulane comes out and rolls us early then it doesn’t matter who we have at QB, the season is over if it is not already. 

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,358
  • Days Won:  8

35 minutes ago, Brad said:

. . .Do you think Bohanon was an upgrade to the position for us though? . . .

Absolutely - if McClain was behind center, we are still 1-5, but the fact that GB has 2 inches and 30 pounds on him has translated to more of a GC offense (when USF has allowed GB to run).  No way we play Florida nor Cincinnati as close as we did with Timmy as the QB

Hopefully we continue to see GB used in the run game

• Upvote 1