• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, olafberserker said:

I don't think he was/is overhyped at all ... he is a clear upgrade over what we had ... any issue is above his pay grade

I don't think anyone has said he's not an upgrade especially after the last 2 games. What I said was I believe the coaching staff thought he was a better passer than what he really is when they brought him here many months ago.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

2 minutes ago, USFbulls24 said:

As in game 1 he was 17 for 30 for 172 yards 0 TD and 1 INT against BYU and as in Game 2 against FCS Howard he was 17 for 28 for 219 yards 0 TD and 1 INT? That's the two games we're pointing to say he's a good pocket passer?

I didn't pick the games ... you did ... that's 58% completion with a boat load of drops ... I don't think that makes the coaching staff say "oh crap we're screwed"

I never said he was a good pocket passer .. do you have any links to anyone saying he is?  I'm curious to see if CJS actually said that at some point

Either way he's an upgrade and that's all that matters

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, USFbulls24 said:

I don't think anyone has said he's not an upgrade especially after the last 2 games. What I said was I believe the coaching staff thought he was a better passer than what he really is when they brought him here many months ago.

Oh, it's been said/implied .. and that's purely speculation as to what the coaching staff thought/thinks.  There were a lot of drops and there were also some great passes against Howard for sure

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,506
  • Days Won:  25

5 minutes ago, USFbulls24 said:

He definitely looked better at Baylor.

7 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Peace out to yourself as well. I give the guy props and you get offended. I literally said he is playing better recently and he has 6 games to separate himself from Timmy. 5 passing Tds and 6 interceptions  is not good in college football buy all 5 of his tds have came in the last two games (recent).  His best asset so far is his legs and we need to take advantage  of that. Run more rpo, read option, and spread option plays.

I'm not offended and your backhanded compliments are not "props" ....  he's run circles around timmy

3 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

He definitely looked better at Baylor.

You watched all his games?

5 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

I'm not offended and your backhanded compliments are not "props" ....  he's run circles around timmy

You watched all his games?

I watched his highlight tapes yes. He looked a lot better . HE started out pretty rough in his first four games. He has improved his passing the last two games.  I think the talent it is there but we need better play calling and schemes to fit his option style play. I have been saying since we got him we need to use a spread option and use motion before every play to create mismatches and misdirection. I thought he would produce a lot more in the AAC than he has.

Edited by Outlaw

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

I watched his highlight tapes yes. He looked a lot better . HE started out pretty rough in his first four games. He has improved his passing the last two games. 

But that isn't true.  He just threw more td passes in the last two games and rushed for more yards.   You  can also look at splits between the P5 schools and the G5 schools.  We were obviously far out talented against the P5 schools

So you didn't watch him play just highlights.

6 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

But that isn't true.  He just threw more td passes in the last two games and rushed for more yards.   You  can also look at splits between the P5 schools and the G5 schools.  We were obviously far out talented against the P5 schools

So you didn't watch him play just highlights.

Well I did watch them but if you want to feel superior say I didn't go for it. You can say whatever you  need to to feel better. He had  zero touchdowns in the first4 games.  He threw all 5 of his TDs in the last two games and all  six of his interceptions in the first four games . I would say his passing definitely improved the last two games. If you think it hasn't then feel free to feel however you are. Here are the stats and facts to back it up. 

First Four Games

1image.png.8f08d5a2d77cb15ee28eae82b5de9903.png

2image.png.095c2b65c97f8b9abb853f8f1cb757c6.png

3image.png.23ab7bd76c815d984a34f4b8ab0d4097.png

4image.png.ca3899ad96f8aa90c626af411b3011fb.png

Last Two

5image.png.29444f37629bfe8f469862b56aeb1777.png

6image.png.34cd379cb824d108c80ed2372fb187a4.png

Edited by Outlaw
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

15 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

Oh, it's been said/implied .. and that's purely speculation as to what the coaching staff thought/thinks.  There were a lot of drops and there were also some great passes against Howard for sure

100% it's speculation. It's an educated guess. Are those allowed? Those seem to be pretty frowned upon around here. Not sure how many lawyers we have on this board but sure seems like a lot.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Well I did watch them but if you want to feel superior say I didn't go for it. You can say whatever you  need to to feel better. He had  zero touchdowns in the first4 games.  He threw all 5 of his TDs in the last two games and all  six of his interceptions in the first four games . I would say his passing definitely improved the last two games. If you think it hasn't then feel free to feel however you are. Here are the stats and facts to back it up. 

First Four Games

1image.png.8f08d5a2d77cb15ee28eae82b5de9903.png

2image.png.095c2b65c97f8b9abb853f8f1cb757c6.png

3image.png.23ab7bd76c815d984a34f4b8ab0d4097.png

4image.png.ca3899ad96f8aa90c626af411b3011fb.png

Last Two

5image.png.29444f37629bfe8f469862b56aeb1777.png

6image.png.34cd379cb824d108c80ed2372fb187a4.png

Except they don't "back it up" but thanks for posting so we can see that his completion percentage and yards are similar in the 1st 2 and last 2 with the only real difference being the td passes .... like I said.  You also left off the increased rushing yards ..... You can also see the splits there between P5 and G5 ... like I said