• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

Was a better team with GB. Those that still think he’s the problem can go cheer for c. 

Edited by OcalaBull2
  • Go Bulls! 2

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

They lost last night becasue Shapen got hurt. Shapen is the better QB and it's not even close lol. Bohanon is not the team's "problem", but he's not nearly as good as what this coaching staff and fan base thought they were getting from a passing perspective.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

I'm not sure I ever heard a peep about what the staff thought they were getting passing wise.  Certainly the fans assumed he was the next Lamar Jackson.  The most I see and read is on his leadership, a proven winner, etc. 

I'd stick with fan base's overwhelming expectations not being met.  and he's still an upgrade.

And yeah, he had a great year last year at Baylor, after being in their program for years.

He arrived here after the Spring, expectations should have been adjusted on that alone.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,452
  • Days Won:  19

Contrary to conventional wisdom, one's stock might actually rise if they were playing with the Bears rather than the Bulls right about now.  Let's just hope GB's bet plays out in the long run.

Bitcoin Bears Scare Bulls Away From $5,000, Price Falls Down $400 to $4,600  – Trustnodes

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,551
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, USFbulls24 said:

They lost last night becasue Shapen got hurt. Shapen is the better QB and it's not even close lol. Bohanon is not the team's "problem", but he's not nearly as good as what this coaching staff and fan base thought they were getting from a passing perspective.

I think he has a  great arm. There were a crapload of drops, fumbles and etc from WRs. Had those been caught, his ve been way better. 

Edited by Gatorbull325
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

it would seem that baylor lost because of their defense

1 hour ago, Brad said:

I'm not sure I ever heard a peep about what the staff thought they were getting passing wise.  Certainly the fans assumed he was the next Lamar Jackson.  The most I see and read is on his leadership, a proven winner, etc. 

I'd stick with fan base's overwhelming expectations not being met.  and he's still an upgrade.

And yeah, he had a great year last year at Baylor, after being in their program for years.

He arrived here after the Spring, expectations should have been adjusted on that alone.

I will better preface my comments. I am assuming that Jeff Scott and his staff thought that he was a better passer than he has shown so far. If they knew he was the (poor) passer he's shown up to this point, mark that down as red flag #400 for Jeff Scott as our answer at head coach. Our current OC was on WV's staff when Bohanon torched them last year with Baylor through the air (one of his few very good passing games). I would imagine that Trickett would agree that he would have thought Bohanon would have done much better passing the ball up to this point. Yes, I know, he's dealt with drops and poor WR play but he's had some really awful showings as a passer without that as well. He has recently done much, much better for us in this area. However, some of the lolipops and 4 yard passes into WR's feet, in my opinion, tell me that he's really not a very good passer. 

Pretty sure anyone expecting him to be able to make short yardge throws weren't off base. I believe Jeff Scott was the man touting his completion %s in camp. Bohanon is a fine college QB if the offense uses him properly which is running him ragged. Either way, it's honestly not even close. Baylor's current QB is by far the superior player at the position which was my ultimate point. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,452
  • Days Won:  19

That game was incredible, but neither team's defense really showed up other than some crucial turnover big plays and a special teams miracle.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,631
  • Days Won:  424

2 hours ago, USFbulls24 said:

What they "thought" they were getting was based on what he actually DID from a passing perspective last year in the regular season. The gamble taken, since you're obviously looking to lay blame on the coaching staff, was that it was done pre-injury. It was a hamstring injury and don't know the complete healing process time on that but he had his worst game of last year in their bowl game and didn't look that sharp in their Spring game. He's shown flashes this year and hopefully things will all come together as a team sooner rather than later.

And the gamble was still worth it because, like you said, he's not the team's "problem" and I'd rather have him in the lockerroom going through this than the alternative.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

What they "thought" they were getting was based on what he actually DID from a passing perspective last year in the regular season. The gamble taken, since you're obviously looking to lay blame on the coaching staff, was that it was done pre-injury. It was a hamstring injury and don't know the complete healing process time on that but he had his worst game of last year in their bowl game and didn't look that sharp in their Spring game. He's shown flashes this year and hopefully things will all come together as a team sooner rather than later.

And the gamble was still worth it because, like you said, he's not the team's "problem" and I'd rather have him in the lockerroom going through this than the alternative.

I am not laying blame on anyone. I said he's not the passer fans or the coaches thought they were getting and that is my assumption/opinion. Is that really a wild take? lol. Scott was the one talking about his completion % and everything else in camp. If you disagree and think he's a good passer or that the hamstring is to blame for any poor performances, that's fine. For as many flashes he's shown he has just as many signs of being abysmal. I said he's been much better of late, but still plenty of passing plays and games that you watch where you just shake your head.

Pointless to go back and forth on this stuff. In my opinion, I believe the coaches thought he was a better passer than he truly is. Period. The second part, and main point of my initial response is that the QB for Baylor, Blake Shapen is a much better QB than Bohanon and it's not even close.