• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,804
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, Brad said:

I'm not sure I ever heard a peep about what the staff thought they were getting passing wise.  Certainly the fans assumed he was the next Lamar Jackson.  The most I see and read is on his leadership, a proven winner, etc. 

I'd stick with fan base's overwhelming expectations not being met.  and he's still an upgrade.

And yeah, he had a great year last year at Baylor, after being in their program for years.

He arrived here after the Spring, expectations should have been adjusted on that alone.

It seems Scott and Trickett tried to make him a pocket passer the first couple of games and then let him go a little. 

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516

32 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

It seems Scott and Trickett tried to make him a pocket passer the first couple of games and then let him go a little. 

100%. It seems like they thought he was a better pocket passer than he really is. Thankfully they've seemed to adjust and have run him a ton which is what they'll have to do to give us a chance. Let's hope he can stay healthy.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, USFbulls24 said:

I am not laying blame on anyone. I said he's not the passer fans or the coaches thought they were getting and that is my assumption/opinion. Is that really a wild take? lol. Scott was the one talking about his completion % and everything else in camp. If you disagree and think he's a good passer or that the hamstring is to blame for any poor performances, that's fine. For as many flashes he's shown he has just as many signs of being abysmal. I said he's been much better of late, but still plenty of passing plays and games that you watch where you just shake your head.

Pointless to go back and forth on this stuff. In my opinion, I believe the coaches thought he was a better passer than he truly is. Period. The second part, and main point of my initial response is that the QB for Baylor, Blake Shapen is a much better QB than Bohanon and it's not even close.

I'm pretty sure the coaches thought (correctly) that he was an upgrade over what we had in the qb room at the time .... and as I said before they were correct

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,515
  • Days Won:  25

4 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

I'm pretty sure the coaches thought (correctly) that he was an upgrade over what we had in the qb room at the time .... and as I said before they were correct

He has been playing better recently than Timmy. He has 6 more games to separate himself.  The defense and coaching staff to need step up.

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, USFbulls24 said:

100%. It seems like they thought he was a better pocket passer than he really is. Thankfully they've seemed to adjust and have run him a ton which is what they'll have to do to give us a chance. Let's hope he can stay healthy.

He was 34/59 in the first two games

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,405
  • Days Won:  3

7 hours ago, OcalaBull2 said:

Was a better team with GB. Those that still think he’s the problem can go cheer for c. 

GB is fine. He sat on the bench and built chemistry/played with that team for years. Sure, we overhyped him but that is what we do as fans. 

2 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

He has been playing better recently than Timmy. He has 6 more games to separate himself.  The defense and coaching staff to need step up.

Peace Out Reaction GIF

1 minute ago, Sk00b said:

GB is fine. He sat on the bench and built chemistry/played with that team for years. Sure, we overhyped him but that is what we do as fans. 

I don't think he was/is overhyped at all ... he is a clear upgrade over what we had ... any issue is above his pay grade

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516

2 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

He was 34/59 in the first two games

As in game 1 he was 17 for 30 for 172 yards 0 TD and 1 INT against BYU and as in Game 2 against FCS Howard he was 17 for 28 for 219 yards 0 TD and 1 INT? That's the two games we're pointing to say he's a good pocket passer?

• Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,515
  • Days Won:  25

4 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

Peace Out Reaction GIF

Peace out to yourself as well. I give the guy props and you get offended. I literally said he is playing better recently and he has 6 games to separate himself from Timmy. 5 passing Tds and 6 interceptions  is not good in college football buy all 5 of his tds have came in the last two games (recent).  His best asset so far is his legs and we need to take advantage  of that. Run more rpo, read option, and spread option plays.

Edited by Outlaw