• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

4th & 1 - I am now done with CJS

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Days Won:  3

1 minute ago, Cpa_bull1990 said:

Bohannon locked in on RB immediately!

Fire clueless Coach Scott !

Lol. Player "didn't execute" but it's the coaches fault. Cool story bro. 

Edited by Sk00b

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,018
  • Days Won:  469

3 minutes ago, Cpa_bull1990 said:

Terrible call on 4th and 1. That was not Run Pass Option as Bohannon locked in on RB immediately!

Fire clueless Coach Scott !

Just to understand your process of putting words together, Bohanon did not run the play correctly so Scott is clueless?  Fired?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  330
  • Days Won:  0

It was a terrible play call on 4th and 1 bro!

Chalk up another L for Coach Scott

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Days Won:  3

1 minute ago, Brad said:

Just to understand your process of putting words together, Bohanon did not run the play correctly so Scott is clueless?  Fired?

Right.  This is what i was getting at as well. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,018
  • Days Won:  469

5 minutes ago, Cpa_bull1990 said:

It was a terrible play call on 4th and 1 bro!

So it was a terrible play call that Bohanon ran wrong?  Do you know the play call?

• Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,408
  • Days Won:  25

35 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

This play call is being used as an example of poor coaching overall .... this kind of play happens all the time  .. .. it sounds like we put the ball in the hands of our best players (GB and Battie) ....   if it worked it would have been hailed as a great call

WE had lots of success at running at the space between tackle and guard  or slightly off the tackle today. So why  not go there with a read option where  Gb could run at the inside guard/tackle and pitch if the play was not there to Battie. Giving you two different running lanes to pick up the yard. How many times have we seen this coaching staff and CJs run the screen on a play we needed to make a play? 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

2 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

WE had lots of success at running at the space between tackle and guard  or slightly off the tackle today. So why  not go there with a read option where  Gb could run at the inside guard/tackle and pitch if the play was not there to Battie. Giving you two different running lanes to pick up the yard. How many times have we seen this coaching staff and CJs run the screen on a play we needed to make a play? 

How do we know he didn't have that option?  I don't know.  Again, we start dissecting play calling there's going to be a lot of "bad play calls" in every game.   Not really that unique to our team.  There have been much bigger issues overall in my opinion.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  330
  • Days Won:  0

Dudes, quit making excuses for Coach Scott. No matter the situation, the guy just can’t win! 

in his 3rd year, his record is 4 and 23 which is beyond pathetic.

Fire Coach Scott already and hire someone qualified!

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

17 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

This play call is being used as an example of poor coaching overall .... this kind of play happens all the time  .. .. it sounds like we put the ball in the hands of our best players (GB and Battie) ....   if it worked it would have been hailed as a great call

I understand not wanting to pin a single do or die moment on a coach as undisputable proof that he sucks.

But the other side of the coin is, at some point you are what you are.  If you are a coach who typically gets blown out, you're not going to get the benefit of the doubt on "critical game on the line plays".  If you continue to fail to deliver FBS wins, it is fair to ask if someone else in those critical moments would have/should have called a different play and had a different result.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

30 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

Lol. Player "didn't execute" but it's the coaches fault. Cool story bro. 

27 minutes ago, Brad said:

He's making the argument it was *not* a Run Pass Option because Bohanon immediately threw to the RB.  Saying it was an RPO absolves the coaches a bit of the blame, so the counter argument was being made that Gerry never even looked to run so it couldn't have been RPO.

I frankly don't care if it was RPO and GB should have run because to me either option leaves the guy with the ball several yards from converting.  I'm arguing the only play should have been in front of the sticks.  I mean seriously, if this was 4th and goal at the 1 would you guys want the coaches giving the QB the *option* to throw to a RB 6 yards out?!?! 

Edited by Ghostbuster