• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bring back the Jim!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,011
  • Days Won:  2

Love Jim and what he means to the program, but I think his time has passed. 

To me, it's telling that he never got another job as a HC. He had a few good positions, but obviously nobody else thinks he has it either. I'd rather remember what he built.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

When you have lowlifes dropping stories like this 5-6years later and during your career opportunities is not helpful.  If you can keep the myth alive you can continue to assert power and propagate the nonsense.

default-article-image-large.png

In 2010, South Florida fired Jim Leavitt for striking Joel Miller. Yet in 2015, Miller is paying a far bigger price for the incident.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

On 10/8/2022 at 5:59 PM, Rocky Style said:

It is hard to get 4 wins in 3 years.  Takes a certain kind of talent.

Not bad for a top ranked professional boxer.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  141
  • Days Won:  0

Football hasn't been fun, on sustained basis, in years.  I dropped season tickets this year but still find my way to most games. After every game, I question why I bothered. Thats bad... I am part of a avid family of Bulls that went to every home game. One by one, family told me they wanted to do something else with their time and money.  Now I've sadly reached the same crossroads. I want it to as fun as it once was, but I can't make that happen.

One thing I know - Jim would make it fun again.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, EastCoastBull said:

Football hasn't been fun, on sustained basis, in years.  I dropped season tickets this year but still find my way to most games. After every game, I question why I bothered. Thats bad... I am part of a avid family of Bulls that went to every home game. One by one, family told me they wanted to do something else with their time and money.  Now I've sadly reached the same crossroads. I want it to as fun as it once was, but I can't make that happen.

I am right there with you but i have not seen Bama play in person before. I want a chance to witness the greatness of Saban at Bama in person. I am keeping my tickets for that game and hope whoever is the coach can go bowling next year.  If they go bowling. I keep my tickets if not I am back until the fun returns.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

1 hour ago, EastCoastBull said:

I go to games now mostly for the tailgating and to make memories with my kids. They are too young to really understand the difference between winning and losing, they just like seeing Rocky, the cheerleaders, etc. If it wasn’t for the kids id probably just watch the games on tv and save time and $$. I really hope we can turn things around because USF games used to be fun. 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417
  • Days Won:  3

37 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I am right there with you but i have not seen Bama play in person before. I want a chance to witness the greatness of Saban at Bama in person. I am keeping my tickets for that game and hope whoever is the coach can go bowling next year.  If they go bowling. I keep my tickets if not I am back until the fun returns.

Hopefully he retires after he wins the championship this year. 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647
  • Days Won:  25

Just now, Sk00b said:

Hopefully he retires after he wins the championship this year. 

That would suck, but I doubt it. I always wanted to see him in coach in person.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

My second family is my tailgate family..... I go to support my school and the kids on the field....

IDGAF about who's coaching..... Family, school, and support the players trying to make it to the NFL

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Scott Cochran was Saban's S&C coach his entire time at Bama until 2019 and at LSU before that.

At games he'd be on the sideline running around keeping guys hyped up. On all the pregame/hype videos on the jumbo-tron he was the voice narrating. 

That bolded part is my dream capacity to bring Leavitt back in. He's too old to have all the head coaching responsibilities, but the passion he has for football would be such an asset to the mindset of everyone on the sideline. And him hyping up the fans on the jumbotron would give goosebumps