• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Quinton Flowers wants to get involved

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,397
  • Days Won:  25

1 minute ago, bulloni said:

Jeff Scott "played" at Clemson under Terry Bowden. Brad Scott was an assistant under Bobby Bowden. May have been a who you know to get in college football in the first place.

Then gets a foot in the door at his alma mater under their most successful coach ever and gets promoted to OC and has Deshaun Watson/Trevor Lawrence to work with.

Maybe he's just never faced adversity and now is lost on how to handle it.

I know he played. Brad Scott and Jeff Scott are terrible  head coaches. Prove me wrong.  You are what your record says 1-22 FBS Jeff Scott.  Jeff SCott was never the oc , in charge of the side of ball, or calling plays. He was a glorified WR coach labeled co-oc. Research it.

Edited by Outlaw
  • Downvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

4 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I know he played. Brad Scott and Jeff Scott are terrible  head coaches. Prove me wrong.  You are what your record says 1-22 FBS Jeff Scott.  Jeff SCott was never the oc , in charge of the side of ball, or calling plays. He was a glorified WR coach labeled co-oc. Research it.

oh I agree with you, I was trying to point out how nepotism may have been involved in him rising to the point of getting this job in the first place

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,397

Just now, bulloni said:

oh I agree with you, I was trying to point out how nepotism may have been involved in him rising to the point of getting this job in the first place

OH I know you were. He was never in charge of one side of the ball and got promoted to head coach off "Clemson/ACc" ties. He never proved his worth but got paid for it. Also we hired his dad to mentor him as president of football operations or whatever it is called. Why hire a guy with a losing record to mentor a first time coach? Nepotism and ACC connections is why.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,344
  • Days Won:  5

In todays times a person can’t go on a rant with choice words and not have to a) explain it b) apologize for it…so if he wants to coach start thinking better. Would love to have him as a coach.  

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,458

Flowers best year, IMO, was his junior year when he had Sean King, an actual QB, as his QB coach. His mechanics and accuracy improved from soph year and declined a bit in his senior year.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

3 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Flowers best year, IMO, was his junior year when he had Sean King, an actual QB, as his QB coach. His mechanics and accuracy improved from soph year and declined a bit in his senior year.

I think what was just a big as anything with the change from 2016 -> 2017 with Flowers and the offense as a whole was losing Marlon Mack and Rodney Adams. Thats 2500 yards from scrimmage, 25 touchdowns, and gamebreaking speed at 2 positions gone from the offense

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,029
  • Days Won:  38

It's nice to know the players are thinking the same thing.  I don't care how bad you say UF is.  That was a totally crazy reversal.  

Just now, bulloni said:

I think what was just a big as anything with the change from 2016 -> 2017 with Flowers and the offense as a whole was losing Marlon Mack and Rodney Adams. Thats 2500 yards from scrimmage, 25 touchdowns, and gamebreaking speed at 2 positions gone from the offense

Yeah you were talking about a triple threat there.  Good times...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,018
  • Days Won:  469

23 minutes ago, CycleBull said:

Solid perspective!

Solid speculation.

Please keep in mind speculation is not a dirty word and speculation itself is fine.  Just don't push speculation as your facts or feelings, it's simply speculation.  This is not meant for you CycleBull, bur for everybody. 

Unfortunately, the speculation chum was in the water others to come in totally change the reason for the thread (again).

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,458

3 minutes ago, bulloni said:

That's why I said mechanics. Flowers had a bad habit of not setting his feet and regressed a bit back to that. Again, just my opinion.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,683
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, bulloni said:

CJS doesn't allow cursing so Q isn't an option with this staff.