• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Quinton Flowers wants to get involved

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

7 hours ago, Triple B said:

Is this for real?

6 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

I thought I read that when he got here so it has been a few years.

So people are going off on something that may or may not be true ..... shocking.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

12 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I was talking about the veracity of the claim that he didn't allow cussing ....

CJS has showed emotion, I'm guessing it's a combination of game planning and execution that has us where we are, and the players aren't quitting.

I agree the players aren't quitting. I don't believe execution has anything to do with what's happening though.No college player is perfect. they all drop passes and miss tackles. It's odd that our "execution problems" only seem to be happening in the first half.

We have players talented enough to win more than 1 FBS game in 2+ years. I think even Strong could have won more than 1 game in that time and he was terrible. I believe coaching  is the main problem.

I believe Scott is too conservative. We are in such a huge hole almost immediately because our offense goes 3 and out with predictable bubble screens and between the tackle runs. Our defense can't stop anybody. By the time he opens up the offense we are down 4 scores. He also got too conservative last year when we had a few games that we were in position to win  that he let get away from us.

Taggart knew his defense wasn't any good so he tried to score on every play. It's when he started trusting his offense that he started to win. we would get into shootouts but he hit the gas right from the get go.

Scott better start coaching with confidence in his offense or he won't be around long. He has the athletes. He needs to use our speed to our advantage.

Edited by Bull94
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

Taggart knew his defense wasn't any good so he tried to score on every play. It's when he started trusting his offense that he started to win. we would get into shootouts but he hit the gas right from the get go.

This was especially true in 2016 with Raymond Woody at DC. Taggart was a great recruiter here and ran the perfect offense  for the personnel he had. The ball was almost always out of QF's hands quickly, unlike Gilbert and Bell who tried to run an offense that our OL wasn't fit for. Hopefully a minor miracle happens and CJS turns this around, but if that doesn't happen, I wouldn't mind seeing the GCO return. We could probably actually have a good offense with our current lineup in that system....

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Just now, USFBulls727 said:

This was especially true in 2016 with Raymond Woody at DC. Taggart was a great recruiter here and ran the perfect offense  for the personnel he had. The ball was almost always out of QF's hands quickly, unlike Gilbert and Bell who tried to run an offense that our OL wasn't fit for. Hopefully a minor miracle happens and CJS turns this around, but if that doesn't happen, I wouldn't mind seeing the GCO return. We could probably actually have a good offense with our current lineup in that system....

Yeah there is no reason why this offense with the talent we have shouldn't score 40+ per game. I agree if he doesn't figure out what he is doing wrong then it's time to move on. Bringing Taggart back might not be a bad idea.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,683
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

So people are going off on something that may or may not be true ..... shocking.

Okay,  you know me pretty well I think. If I didn't believe it I wouldn't post it. Doesn't mean it's 100% but purty sure.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  254
  • Days Won:  0

12 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

True just because someone is good doesn't mean they can coach, and actually vice versa.

This nonsense about hiring former players as coaches to make you feel better about this stain of a program is comical-  it’s how we got here to this listless position to begin with- you don’t hire on ‘gut’ you hire someone that empirically shows evidence of competence- MK is on the steep slope of learning -enough  of this bullshi*.

1-23 or whatever we are…ambivalence.

Burn it down. Get rid of this flimsy goon coach and send him to be a high school linebackers coach and actually learn and study from the beginning where he belongs.  

Edited by dclenden

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

4 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Okay,  you know me pretty well I think. If I didn't believe it I wouldn't post it. Doesn't mean it's 100% but purty sure.

Saying you thought you read that when he got here didn't sound like your usual affirmation of something so maybe you left something out ..... I'd be pretty surprised if it's true but it would be interesting to find out for sure.