• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I think we hear he’s gone

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

10 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

I’m sure bringing in Gruden would bold over real well with recruits and current players, especially since our roster is made up of well over 50% of African Americans.   

What an amazing take... you're saying we should avoid bringing in a Super Bowl winning coach that players have been watching for years every Sunday (and also during Draft work-ups) because of his one private incident (via witch hunt by the NFL)? I'm pretty sure the players would gravitate to Gruden - as would the parents of players hoping to give their kid a shot at the NFL. If Gruden is a racist, so is almost everyone on this message board as the amount of interactions Gruden has had with minorities over the years is unparalleled compared to most people here.  

There's a reason we don't have Mike Leach coaching here (because of some petty BS at Texas Tech that scared away the administration after the Leavitt fiasco). We could have also been in the conversation for Lane Kiffin... but no, that didn't happen because we took the payday from UT to get choirboy Strong off of their hands vice finding a coach that has the ability to win. If you can't win at Texas, you're just not cut out for coaching as they literally roll out the red carpet and unload bags of money at the door for you so you can succeed.

We need a proven head coach (look at the D2 and D3 ranks if need be) that shows a propensity for winning. Co-coordinators are hit and miss. Retreads are hit and miss. Even former players aren't necessarily going to be homeruns. I love Larry Scott, but is Howard really a powerhouse yet? They're 4-14 under Larry Scott.

Winners find ways to win...  

And people wanting Willie back - he can recruit - he demonstrated that based on the amount of players he placed in the NFL. After bouncing from program to program though, has he figured out the little details that make some head coaches the figure head for a university? He had a good thing at USF - and you can't blame him for taking the money at Oregon - however ever since his 7-5 season there, he's been pretty inept in each of the seasons wherever he's coaches. Could he change the mindset back at USF? Who knows? However he'll definitely alienate half of your donor base that was upset when he bounced (and didn't like the culture of the program when he was here originally). 

Let Scott finish the season - it's a dumpster fire currently. If he can't turn the corner, fire him at the end of the season quickly so we can get back on the coaching carousel. This also gives Kelly time to find a coach that can win.

On a different note, Scott Frost is available (which goes against everything I said above).  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, The Sheriff said:

What an amazing take... you're saying we should avoid bringing in a Super Bowl winning coach that players have been watching for years every Sunday (and also during Draft work-ups) because of his one private incident (via witch hunt by the NFL)? I'm pretty sure the players would gravitate to Gruden - as would the parents of players hoping to give their kid a shot at the NFL. If Gruden is a racist, so is almost everyone on this message board as the amount of interactions Gruden has had with minorities over the years is unparalleled compared to most people here.  

There's a reason we don't have Mike Leach coaching here (because of some petty BS at Texas Tech that scared away the administration after the Leavitt fiasco). We could have also been in the conversation for Lane Kiffin... but no, that didn't happen because we took the payday from UT to get choirboy Strong off of their hands vice finding a coach that has the ability to win. If you can't win at Texas, you're just not cut out for coaching as they literally roll out the red carpet and unload bags of money at the door for you so you can succeed.

We need a proven head coach (look at the D2 and D3 ranks if need be) that shows a propensity for winning. Co-coordinators are hit and miss. Retreads are hit and miss. Even former players aren't necessarily going to be homeruns. I love Larry Scott, but is Howard really a powerhouse yet? They're 4-14 under Larry Scott.

Winners find ways to win...  

And people wanting Willie back - he can recruit - he demonstrated that based on the amount of players he placed in the NFL. After bouncing from program to program though, has he figured out the little details that make some head coaches the figure head for a university? He had a good thing at USF - and you can't blame him for taking the money at Oregon - however ever since his 7-5 season there, he's been pretty inept in each of the seasons wherever he's coaches. Could he change the mindset back at USF? Who knows? However he'll definitely alienate half of your donor base that was upset when he bounced (and didn't like the culture of the program when he was here originally). 

Let Scott finish the season - it's a dumpster fire currently. If he can't turn the corner, fire him at the end of the season quickly so we can get back on the coaching carousel. This also gives Kelly time to find a coach that can win.

On a different note, Scott Frost is available (which goes against everything I said above).  

FFS, he made proven racist comments. It’s a liability and a risk that we could avoid. Doesn’t matter, we wouldn’t hire him anyways. You’re going off on way too many aspects that I never even mentioned. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

2 minutes ago, The Sheriff said:

If we're going to hire a coach that's only been able to do anything significant with an awesome qb, I'd go back to Willie ...... at least, he's used to inheriting dumpster fires.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,657
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

If we're going to hire a coach that's only been able to do anything significant with an awesome qb, I'd go back to Willie ...... at least, he's used to inheriting dumpster fires.

and Willie only makes $750K per year at FAU.  We could easily bring him back for a base of $1 million annually and super incentives for victories, bowl games, championships, etc.  I'm sure he'd come back but can he turn it around this time?

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  807
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

I'd like to hear that happen but MK I doubt has it in him. He gave him and extension recently to fire him soon makes him look really bad even though him here losing also makes him look bad. 

If we did Morris could close out the year....be an audition. 

MK giving everyone extensions was the most USF move I've ever heard of. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, The Sheriff said:

This also gives Kelly time to find a coach that can win.

🤔

Edited by Sk00b

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

As soon as we hire an Assistant Vice President of Athletics for Football (AVPofAfF), you'll know we're ready to go on a coaching search.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

Scott will get at least 6 games… 

if we still look like a turd the next two week I think he gets canned shortly after game 6 or 7. 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,498
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, 79 Bull said:

and Willie only makes $750K per year at FAU.  We could easily bring him back for a base of $1 million annually and super incentives for victories, bowl games, championships, etc.  I'm sure he'd come back but can he turn it around this time?

I almost missed the sarcasm until I got to the "championships" part.....  good one!

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Michael Kelly will not say a word until after the season.  He has publicly said that he would never discuss the performance of a coach during the season and he constantly preaches about stability and patience.  In regards to Scott, he will be on radio silence until after UCF.

• Upvote 1