• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fire Coach Scott

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

18 minutes ago, Agent_Danger said:

Who cares?  If you don't like USF, get out.

If you still believe that kids go to schools to play football because they like the school, you are probably still putting teeth under your pillow and waiting for Santa to come down the chimney. Our QB was going to leave and could find nothing better so he came back. This is a business.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  40
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, CousinRicky said:

If you still believe that kids go to schools to play football because they like the school, you are probably still putting teeth under your pillow and waiting for Santa to come down the chimney. Our QB was going to leave and could find nothing better so he came back. This is a business.

I see that and accept that criticism.  Sometimes you can build an audience by going to school locally, showing grit, and generating your legend.  See Grothe.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,011
  • Days Won:  469

22 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

I don't think booing the current team is going to make players want to stay.

Please....nobody should boo or wear paper bags.  It's bad enough for the players that they've lost this many games; they need support more than anyone.  The coaches at least get paid through all this. 

Don't let Battie, Weaver and others feel embarrassed and upset by the fans.  That will help them jump ship.

Agreed.  Been in this convo before.  Many think this makes a difference.  It's actually pretty sad.  But sadness is all some have.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

11 minutes ago, Agent_Danger said:

I see that and accept that criticism.  Sometimes you can build an audience by going to school locally, showing grit, and generating your legend.  See Grothe.

It would be great if we could keep top local talent but we never kept top talent. CJL was able to motivate the 2nd level guys.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  187
  • Days Won:  1

I have been a huge supporter of Mike Kelly but if this game doesn’t prompt drastic change I have to question is leadership.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  330

I am not a big fan of Mike Kelly either. When hired, I heard about all his great connections in the ACC, but what has this guy accomplished?

All of our major teams (football, basketball) are terrible.

My alma mater seems to be the only University that accepts this level of ineptitude and incompetence! 

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511

14 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Sadly he will not quit even though he is failing because he wants to get paid. He got a contract and we will have to buy him  out. I just do not see one positive case for keeping him an extra year after today unless,  we win the next three games. I am in the boat we needed to move on from him after last year and find a coach that can actual improve the culture and the product on the field. I don't know if AD MK has the guts to fire this guy and name someone interim coach for the rest of the year. It seems he is lost and is taking blame for the program, but he still gets paid regardless of winning or losing. He seems to be a nice guy, but my lord everything I have seen from him shows is a terrible coach. People were making excuses and saying there was progress being made since he started but to be honest we are worse than when he started. The offense isn't good enough and the defense is the worst  USF  defense possibly FBS Defense I can remember watching.  At this point I think CJL knows he has failed and does not know how to fix the issues.  The next move is on AD and I hope he makes the right one by firing CJS and finding usf a decent coach. 

Is that a typo? 🤣

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,020
  • Days Won:  38

14 hours ago, Rex Havoc said:

Those players are going to defect no matter if you fire him now, or 3 weeks from now. If we retain Battie, Weaver, or Horne I’d be shocked. 

Hmm.  This is an interesting plotline.  Maybe this would be a good reason for making certain pronouncements earlier rather than later.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,020
  • Days Won:  38

13 hours ago, Ghostbuster said:

I don't think booing the current team is going to make players want to stay.

Please....nobody should boo or wear paper bags.  It's bad enough for the players that they've lost this many games; they need support more than anyone.  The coaches at least get paid through all this. 

Don't let Battie, Weaver and others feel embarrassed and upset by the fans.  That will help them jump ship.

I don't think any of us will, but many people will if the UCF game is ugly.  And how the Skip situation went down was all these people were booing as he ran into the tunnel and then the chants turned into USF.  It sent a very specific message.  😀

Edited by Rocky Style

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,748
  • Days Won:  3

Have there ever been college coaches who have voluntarily resigned (not fired / dismissed) 'cause they "weren't working out"? I would think the coaching mentality is such that there is always the belief that the ship can be righted with just a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiitle more time and a change of staff, change of scheme, tweak the philosophy, etc.