• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fire Coach Scott

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,415
  • Days Won:  43

12 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

I admittedly was excited when he was hired but towards the end of last year I realized he wasn't ready for this and this year confirms it.  Dude has to go!

I was excited after the hire but I was lobbying for USF to hire Leavitt. Only reason I was excited was reading & hearing all this propaganda on how Scott was gonna be the next big thing in college football coaching. I fell for fake news media propaganda.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  40
  • Days Won:  0

He IS the worst coach we've ever had.  If guy is flying back to Tampa on our dime, then I'd be disappointed.  Terrible.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,473
  • Days Won:  13

On the press conference (via Bulls Unlimited) he sounds dejected.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  335
  • Days Won:  1

Wanted him to succeed as did all the fan base. However, CJS was the worse yet. Guy has really burned the program at the worst time. So **** sad. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,408
  • Days Won:  3

At least he owns it. He knows he is done. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  22

33 minutes ago, Agent_Danger said:

He's done.  Let him go, please.  Good guy, but not a head football coach.

Nothing against your post A_D, but I’ve seen dozens of comments about how “nice” CJS is. Well, from my point of view, that is BS. 2 years ago, my daughter, who was a academic dept mgr. (who directly interfaced with Athletics) was introduced to this dude by the marketing director of the Athletic Dept. He immediately shouted “I’m too busy” and just kept walking! Also, my daughter strongly felt that the Athletic Dept was chaotic, had horrible morale and is routinely disrespected by a majority of the faculty and staff she interacted with. FWIW.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  40

17 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

I was excited after the hire but I was lobbying for USF to hire Leavitt. Only reason I was excited was reading & hearing all this propaganda on how Scott was gonna be the next big thing in college football coaching. I fell for fake news media propaganda.

CJL shouldn't have been fired.  With that said, we're way over that.

I don't know what we need, but CJS wasn't it.  CJL could recruit players that needed a second chance.  We need a guy who can recruit and has tremendous heart.  A young guy, not from some prestigious program.  But a guy who can recruit and lead these young men to a promising future.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Charlie and Skip were excuse machines.  At least Jeff deep down is a good guy.  Yes Mike Kelly should probably be on the chopping block too but I'm not sure that's feasible with stadium planning on going.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

12 minutes ago, usfbullrider said:

Charlie and Skip were excuse machines.  At least Jeff deep down is a good guy.  Yes Mike Kelly should probably be on the chopping block too but I'm not sure that's feasible with stadium planning on going.

Ooo ooo I've got an answer for that...stop both of them.  There is 0 point in trying to have a stadium if you have demonstrated repeatedly an inability to field a watchable, entertaining product.

We shouldn't be putting our eggs into the basket with a giant hole.  Find a different way to improve the program that doesn't end up with us paying a mortgage forever, whose payments we can't meet because we have no ticket revenue.

IPF-Yes.

The (seemingly on hold) Football Facility - Yes.

These are all things players need and would want when choosing a school.  We already have a world class stadium whose maintenance costs we are not on the hook for.  Players do not need a lower class stadium on campus. 

Freaking own the fact that we've been a bit of a "commuter U" and stop pretending that 6 games per year on campus is going to change  that perception and change the direction of football success.

(I'm not touching the NIL bc I'm not smart enough to say how USF itself could funnel funds but that's obviously the most important thing we could devote resources to to turnaround faster)

Edited by Ghostbuster
  • Like 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,079
  • Days Won:  39

54 minutes ago, Agent_Danger said:

He IS the worst coach we've ever had.  If guy is flying back to Tampa on our dime, then I'd be disappointed.  Terrible.

The dime is already spent though hehe...