• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fire Coach Scott

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647
  • Days Won:  25

4 hours ago, bowman1 said:

We don’t agree often, but we certainly agree here - the season needs to play out with CJS as head coach before any decision is made

I just hope that if things do not improve performance wise by season end, VPMK is man enough to admit he made a mistake in extending CJS’ contract in the name of stability

Mk AD may extend  him again for stability and on the progress on improving the culture. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Crying 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

4 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

True.  Maybe I enjoyed BYU more because I was in the stadium.  It was probably equally catastrophic, but didn't we score at least?

Not while I was there.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347
  • Days Won:  0

10 hours ago, Triple B said:

Nothing to do with kool-aid. What FSU did was an aberration but they can AFFORD to do something like that. When you're still trying to build something, you've got to establish some type of stability first ......... but there is a point where you have to recognize if it's a positive type stability and that's where we're at. So far it's not, on the field, but this season has to at least play out before any kind of decision needs to be made and it's not going to be an easy one either way.

They really can't as much as lets say.....an LSU, USC or ND. That was why Jimbo left and is why Norvell will get a big leash bc they are still paying off willie's contract.

I understand what you're saying stability, but progrums aren't made by losing coaches. You pay winners.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  187

13 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

progrums aren't made by losing coaches. You pay winners.

yes agreed. and at what point is CJS just doing more harm than good.

ND fans were calling to fire marcus freeman after two losses. we're at 21 FBS losses, 1 win.

comparing ND football to USF is apples to oranges, but you get a sense of how sensitive the "great" progrums are to establishing a winning trajectory

Edited by sparkybull
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647
  • Days Won:  25

4 hours ago, sparkybull said:

yes agreed. and at what point is CJS just doing more harm than good.

ND fans were calling to fire marcus freeman after two losses. we're at 21 FBS losses, 1 win.

comparing ND football to USF is apples to oranges, but you get a sense of how sensitive the "great" progrums are to establishing a winning trajectory

Exactly. We got a streak going oh wait it is another losing streak. We are going streaking !

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  540

Not sure how much stock I should put into it but I see we are offering scholarships to recruits who are choosing places like Liberty and Charlotte instead. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

If Coach Scott lays an egg today, what do you want to happen, and what WILL happen.  

Let's say ECU beats USF 45-7 or so.  Players start quitting on the field.  What will happen.

1. Nothing 2. MK makes statement about direction of program.  3. MK immediately fires CJS or 4. Other

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

2 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

If Coach Scott lays an egg today, what do you want to happen, and what WILL happen.  

Let's say ECU beats USF 45-7 or so.  Players start quitting on the field.  What will happen.

1. Nothing 2. MK makes statement about direction of program.  3. MK immediately fires CJS or 4. Other

Nothing will happen

Edited by El_Toro_86

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,722
  • Days Won:  6

3 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Nothing happens until after the ucf game. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,919
  • Days Won:  67

6 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

4. I will quit the season, life is too short.

• Haha 1