• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

HOT Heading To Louisville??

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,358
  • Days Won:  8

19 minutes ago, mj796 said:

Not sure why it matters that you are a parent or not, but I appreciate the support you give your child to be engaged. The children are directed by their leadership, thus my comments are reflective of the leadership not the students (same with the players). Nevertheless, your comment factually inaccurate...they put on the full uniform at half time only in game 2 which I assumed had to do with their performance welcoming the high school kids. Before/after they wore like overalls or whatever with t-shirts. Weather doesn't seem to matter at other schools...its super hot everywhere in the south and clear ponchos seem to work for everyone else in rain. This isn't a new issue.

For clarification, the band uniforms are bib overalls, with tee shirts and jackets on-top - I believe your issue is that they were not wearing their jackets 

As a side note, maybe you would like to try wearing a full band uniform, on the field at Ray Jay, in direct sunlight, with 80+ humidity and 95 degree heat, before casting aspersions 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,080
  • Days Won:  39

14 minutes ago, bowman1 said:

As a side note, maybe you would like to try wearing a full band uniform, on the field at Ray Jay, in direct sunlight, with 80+ humidity and 95 degree heat, before casting aspersions 

While carrying a tuba haha!

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,381
  • Days Won:  10

You know - I've never seen a cello in a marching band.  Hmm...

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  187
  • Days Won:  0

I used to be in HOT

i'd be shocked if athletics actually had the foresight and desire to send the entire band to Kentucky 

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,096
  • Days Won:  1

12 hours ago, mj796 said:

In what scenario would this be good or in any way helpful? We can't even get the band to actually wear their uniforms at a home game...it's by far my biggest issue with attending the games in person. Just so painful...we are only as strong as our weakest link and this band is so bad. I don't see how showing more of something so bad would be good...I also don't think that even if they were amazing that would help in any way. Such a bizarre comment. Said differently, my disdain for the band is even stronger than my eternal disdain for USF athletics leadership (until they appropriately right their wrong). 

rocky.jpg

• Haha 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, sparkybull said:

I used to be in HOT

i'd be shocked if athletics actually had the foresight and desire to send the entire band to Kentucky

I'm guessing that foresight and desire would be the last two possible reasons keeping them from going to Kentucky ....

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  487

16 hours ago, bowman1 said:

For clarification, the band uniforms are bib overalls, with tee shirts and jackets on-top - I believe your issue is that they were not wearing their jackets 

Then don't join the band...doesn't seem to be an issue at every other school in the south. You are also missing the funny hats. We don't have the funny hats and instead wear ballcaps. Sometimes you see people on the big screen with all kind of random hats, but not the normal funny ones.  

• Downvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Not the hill I would choose to die on.

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,096

47 minutes ago, mj796 said:

Then don't join the band...doesn't seem to be an issue at every other school in the south. You are also missing the funny hats. We don't have the funny hats and instead wear ballcaps. Sometimes you see people on the big screen with all kind of random hats, but not the normal funny ones.  

You don't need to be "traditional".  To my knowledge, HOT does have the shakos (or "funny hats" as you call them).  Theyre not the only marching band to don baseball caps in uniform.

bc2c5496-4158-489d-8a40-a2cacb74d60b-lar

EYooH5CWAAUsY6V.jpg

01c6ac627b536fe737bf3a1fcaa2b939.jpg

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,653
  • Days Won:  29

Marching Band Dancing GIF by HonestyB