• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

HOT Heading To Louisville??

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,447
  • Days Won:  43

Heard a rumor that the Herd of Thunder will be heading up to Louisville this weekend?? If so that is awesome and should help with the ACC audition. 

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,467
  • Days Won:  19

18 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

Heard a rumor that the Herd of Thunder will be heading up to Louisville this weekend?? If so that is awesome and should help with the ACC audition. 

That would be quite a rumor. For context, HOT has never flown to a road football game other than Bowl games. (I am pretty sure only regular season road games in program history have been buses in Florida) 

Someone can correct me if I am forgetting an exception to this. 

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  558
  • Days Won:  0

HOT was right above us in Jordan Hare for the Auburn game.

Edited by bull2bull
  • Like 2

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,467
  • Days Won:  19

21 minutes ago, bull2bull said:

HOT was right above us in Jordan Hare for the Auburn game.

Good call, that was a bus trip for them I think, but out of Florida. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,097
  • Days Won:  39

We need to NIL a private HOT jet.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  487
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, Bull Awakening said:

In what scenario would this be good or in any way helpful? We can't even get the band to actually wear their uniforms at a home game...it's by far my biggest issue with attending the games in person. Just so painful...we are only as strong as our weakest link and this band is so bad. I don't see how showing more of something so bad would be good...I also don't think that even if they were amazing that would help in any way. Such a bizarre comment. Said differently, my disdain for the band is even stronger than my eternal disdain for USF athletics leadership (until they appropriately right their wrong). 

• Downvote 3

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,916
  • Days Won:  33

As a parent of a H.O.T. member I will disagree with you on everything you just posted. 

They band didn’t wear their uniforms for the first game due to the weather forecast. They did wear them at the second home game.

The H.O.T. was absolutely awesome in Gainesville and they were better than UF’s band.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  487
  • Days Won:  1

5 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

As a parent of a H.O.T. member I will disagree with you on everything you just posted. 

They band didn’t wear their uniforms for the first game due to the weather forecast. They did wear them at the second home game.

The H.O.T. was absolutely awesome in Gainesville and they were better than UF’s band.

Not sure why it matters that you are a parent or not, but I appreciate the support you give your child to be engaged. The children are directed by their leadership, thus my comments are reflective of the leadership not the students (same with the players). Nevertheless, your comment factually inaccurate...they put on the full uniform at half time only in game 2 which I assumed had to do with their performance welcoming the high school kids. Before/after they wore like overalls or whatever with t-shirts. Weather doesn't seem to matter at other schools...its super hot everywhere in the south and clear ponchos seem to work for everyone else in rain. This isn't a new issue.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,097
  • Days Won:  39

17 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

On the actual music, I thought it was great!  I was sitting in 111 for Game 1 and I thought they were awesome.  They were loud and about blew our faces off.  They also had a great swinging jazz type halftime show that we stayed and watched.  

I do wish their pants would transform from gray to green.  I don't know if this means I have to buy 300 pairs of pants to make this happen or what...