• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The team showed some life in the second half

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,473
  • Days Won:  13

1 minute ago, El_Toro_86 said:

I admire the fact that you can stay until the end of blowout losses, however, I cant do that which is why I’m rethinking going at all.

You can't only love USF when they win... I love USF for better or for worse, and it has been for worse for too long.

I'm a Bills fan too... I was a fan during their back-to-back 2-14 seasons in the 1980s... through their 4-straight Super Bowl losses... through their "never making the playoffs for 20 years"...

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

8 hours ago, hightechbull said:

Not according to the box score or the official statistics.   If you want to argue, please leave the strawman at home.   He is too busy keeping the crows away from the crops.

What box score did you look at?  Puka Nacua destroyed us in the first quarter going for over 100 yards on 4 plays and 2 touchdowns.  He sat the rest of the game.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,011
  • Days Won:  2

We are in year 3 of the CJS era. I'm past accepting blowout losses as "showing some life". CJS needs a bowl game this year and I don't think he will get it. 

The team looked completely unprepared. Could have been a statement game to start the year, but my hope for USFs season died in the first quarter.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,452
  • Days Won:  19

4 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

You can't only love USF when they win... I love USF for better or for worse, and it has been for worse for too long.

I have loved the Bulls for 50 years, pledging my support time and treasure to the University through three careers, three marriages and a whole lot of life changes.  For the most part, my love has been unrequited (and I don't mean just in wins and losses).

I will always carry a torch for USF but now have given myself permission to be a little more selfish and care a little less.  I haven't really missed the severity of the pain.  

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  187
  • Days Won:  0

Nah fam. This isn’t it. Right now it’s not about showing life in one half - they need to show up and play a competitive football game like 99% of teams are capable of doing 

back to back runs up the middle to start the season disqualifies any future statement about the team having an okay second half 😂

next week, if the play calling is better and the defense can get some momentum I’ll revisit the issue 

otherwise, we are the Kansas, Vandy, and Nebraska of CFB - GO BULLZ 

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,395
  • Days Won:  43

41 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

I'm a Bills fan too... I was a fan during their back-to-back 2-14 seasons in the 1980s... through their 4-straight Super Bowl losses... through their "never making the playoffs for 20 years"...

Well said! No excuse for so called USF fans and supporters to give up now. New OCS coming. Playoffs now to 12 teams. To rated 6 conferences and all USF needs to do is win AAC and maybe we get in 2024 or 2026 season 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

34 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

Well said! No excuse for so called USF fans and supporters to give up now. New OCS coming. Playoffs now to 12 teams. To rated 6 conferences and all USF needs to do is win AAC and maybe we get in 2024 or 2026 season 

Now it's time to wait for USF football to deliver....year 3 of ScottWaiting GIF

Edited by Bulls On Parade
  • Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,506
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, Bull Awakening said:

Hopefully that first half was a wake up call for the team. That halftime locker room must of been interesting. A good up & coming coach can capitalize on those moments when things went south from the start. I’m interested in seeing if USF can start climbing up from the bottom. Go Bulls!

So if Scott beats Howard then gets blown out by Florida and losses at Lville, will we call that progress ? The team looked like it took steps back  not forward over this amazing offseason that so much progress was made ...  The offense looked like Sterling Gilbert.  I called hb dive on the first play and I was right. The defense looked worse way worse. The veteran  oline got pushed around last night and they were advertised  as a strength.  The dline looked even worse then last year. Gerry B made some bad plays and a few decent ones. The receivers  didn't do him  many favors. Yhe defense looked lost. The new coordinators made zero difference.The cjs supporters said wait until this game season and the first two years didn't  count because of blah blah blah. Well this is the result we got and we looked just as bad as year 1 and year 2 that  allegedly didn't count.  Cjs got a turd and turned it into explosive diarrhea. So what are the next steps for improvement and excuses for Cjs? 

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,395
  • Days Won:  43

21 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

So if Scott beats Howard then gets blown out by Florida and losses at Lville, will we call that progress ? The team looked like it took steps back  not forward over this amazing offseason that so much progress was made ...  The offense looked like Sterling Gilbert.  I called hb dive on the first play and I was right. The defense looked worse way worse. The veteran  oline got pushed around last night and they were advertised  as a strength.  The dline looked even worse then last year. Gerry B made some bad plays and a few decent ones. The receivers  didn't do him  many favors. Yhe defense looked lost. The new coordinators made zero difference.The cjs supporters said wait until this game season and the first two years didn't  count because of blah blah blah. Well this is the result we got and we looked just as bad as year 1 and year 2 that  allegedly didn't count.  Cjs got a turd and turned it into explosive diarrhea. So what are the next steps for improvement and excuses for Cjs? 

We only won 2 games last season so if we see USF win 6 games this season I call it progress 

• ???? 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,506
  • Days Won:  25

4 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

We only won 2 games last season so if we see USF win 6 games this season I call it progress 

We lost to BYU by more points and BYU lost NFL talent. We scored in garbage time when it made zero impact on the game.