• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The team showed some life in the second half

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,395
  • Days Won:  43

4 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

I will say I was sick to my stomach until the end of the first half. Team could have mailed it in come the 2nd half. They didn't and they fought which was somewhat encouraging. 

I will be interested to see how we do after the Louisville game. Still think we need to be 5-7 or better to consider giving Scott another year. Id almost say a bowl is needed but do acknowledge the incredibly tough OOC schedule.

The D was god awful, but I did see some positives on O. Hopefully the D is better come Conference play.

I agree that the offense will get points on the board. Defense worries me the most. Hopefully it was first game jitters for most. Howard is the perfect opportunity to get the defense’s confidence up I hope

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,462
  • Days Won:  25

I will probably never see a second half. Don’t need to see how usf stacks up against 2nd and 3rd string of every well coached team.

Edited by BDYZR

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

7 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

I will probably never see a second half. Don’t need to see how usf stacks up against 2nd and 3rd string of every well coached team.

I can’t remember the last time I stayed for the second half.  Are we eligible for a 50% refund?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,473
  • Days Won:  13

12 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

4 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

I can’t remember the last time I stayed for the second half.  Are we eligible for a 50% refund?

I don't understand the point of buying tickets and trekking to the stadium and then leaving early.  You're there already, why leave?  Otherwise, why bother going in the first place?

Edited by Jim Johnson
  • Me no likey 1

1 minute ago, Jim Johnson said:

I don't understand the point of buying tickets and trekking to the stadium and then leaving early.  You're there already, why leave?  Otherwise, why bother going in the first place?

Because I was there since 1pm tailgating and then sat through a two and half hour rain delay and had seen enough to know this team still sucks and nothing has changed.  As far as, “why bother going in the first place”.   Thats a very good question.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  809
  • Days Won:  1

We're already on the moral victories in playing better in the second half portion of the season? 

We're on a much faster pace this time around. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  452
  • Days Won:  0

Last night I called it “cutting my losses”. Terrible product on the field in an uncompetitive game + overpriced beverages/snacks = leaving at halftime. 15 season ticket holder.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,473
  • Days Won:  13

2 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Because I was there since 1pm tailgating and then sat through a two and half hour rain delay and had seen enough to know this team still sucks and nothing has changed.  As far as, “why bother going in the first place”.   Thats a very good question.

Sure ... but you said you can't remember staying for a second half... which means it must have been a long time - and those games didn't have rain delays ... just bad football teams.

I stayed until the end for Wisconsin... I stayed until the end for NC State... any game I attend I stay until the end, regardless of score and outcome.  Because there are only 12 days to watch USF football, for better or for worse, out of 365... and I would rather watch USF football lose than not watch USF football.

6 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

Sure ... but you said you can't remember staying for a second half... which means it must have been a long time - and those games didn't have rain delays ... just bad football teams.

I stayed until the end for Wisconsin... I stayed until the end for NC State... any game I attend I stay until the end, regardless of score and outcome.  Because there are only 12 days to watch USF football, for better or for worse, out of 365... and I would rather watch USF football lose than not watch USF football.

I admire the fact that you can stay until the end of blowout losses, however, I cant do that which is why I’m rethinking going at all.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

48 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

I will say I was sick to my stomach until the end of the first half. Team could have mailed it in come the 2nd half. They didn't and they fought which was somewhat encouraging. 

I will be interested to see how we do after the Louisville game. Still think we need to be 5-7 or better to consider giving Scott another year. Id almost say a bowl is needed but do acknowledge the incredibly tough OOC schedule.

The D was god awful, but I did see some positives on O. Hopefully the D is better come Conference play.

They did same and fought vs Wisconsin, NC State and ND...also till the end. We saw how those seasons went. 

I wanted to see us get into halftime sort in the game and we'll it was over first quarter. 

Most g5 teams could have given BYU a better test yesterday. 

We have talent its just not being used well. 

Maybe it clicks but I'm not optimistic. 

• Upvote 2