• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The team showed some life in the second half

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,698
  • Days Won:  108

7 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

I don't understand the point of buying tickets and trekking to the stadium and then leaving early.  You're there already, why leave?  Otherwise, why bother going in the first place?

You go in the first place because you hope your team will play well and not be down by 35 middle of 2nd qtr.

You leave early because you are fed up watching terrible football.

Not a hard concept to grasp.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,473
  • Days Won:  13

11 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

You go in the first place because you hope your team will play well and not be down by 35 middle of 2nd qtr.

Actually, it is hard to grasp.

You go because you want to watch your team play. Period.  You HOPE it will play well.  You EXPECT it will play well.  But you watch it play.  But if you only want to watch them play well, then watch from home until they start meeting your personal standard.

Leaving early just renders the whole day pointless.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

2 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

You go because you want to watch your team play. Period.  You HOPE it will play well.  You EXPECT it will play well.  But you watch it play.  But if you only want to watch them play well, then watch from home until they start meeting your personal standard.

image.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

Maybe, but there were a lot of people that felt like us yesterday.  When they play like dog doo-doo I don't stay around to watch the team play. The reason I didn't renew MBB tix for this year and may be done with football next season. $4,500 can be spent in better entertainment IMO. We are all entitled to those - opinions that is.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

15 hours ago, TRUTH D. Antagonist said:

this turd cant be polished.

making a couple plays after being down 30+ points is not “showing life,” it’s just the other team taking its foot off the gas & subbing in 2nd teamers to avoid injury.

there was no life there, it was just BYU easing off…

& they STILL added 20 more points while we were “showing signs of life” 🫤

Teams don't "ease off".  The backups are just as hungry as starters, want to play badly, and want to impress the coaches.  I've coached and this is a fact.  The OC may call more running plays to eat clock, but the players will play.  They are getting scholarships and (for the most part) play hard no matter what the score is for the reasons I just stated.

BTW we also played backups in the second half.  I specifically noted backup WR's in the game and guys like Holden Willis getting PT.  I also specifically noticed the second team OL guys getting PT.  Yeah I look at jerseys to see who is in the game.

• Like 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,395
  • Days Won:  43

50 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Those that left early missed a great kickoff return to start the second half. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,473
  • Days Won:  13

18 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Maybe, but there were a lot of people that felt like us yesterday.  When they play like dog doo-doo I don't stay around to watch the team play. The reason I didn't renew MBB tix for this year and may be done with football next season. $4,500 can be spent in better entertainment IMO. We are all entitled to those - opinions that is.

Yes, you are entitled to your opinion... and you are certainly entitled to decide to spend your money elsewhere.

My point is ... you've already spent the money AND spent the time to go to the stadium.   And yes... a whole lot of people feel like you do -- they only like watching teams play when they play well and leave early when they decide they're not having the fun they expected to have.  It's a lot more fun when they are winning... but football season is sooooo short... 36-40 hours is all we get.

1 hour ago, Jim Johnson said:

Yes, you are entitled to your opinion... and you are certainly entitled to decide to spend your money elsewhere.

My point is ... you've already spent the money AND spent the time to go to the stadium.   And yes... a whole lot of people feel like you do -- they only like watching teams play when they play well and leave early when they decide they're not having the fun they expected to have.  It's a lot more fun when they are winning... but football season is sooooo short... 36-40 hours is all we get.

I got about 3.5 hours counting rain delay and about 23 minutes of game time. Throw in tailgate starting at noon so a 7.5 hour day.

1 hour ago, Bull Awakening said:

Those that left early missed a great kickoff return to start the second half. 

Saw it when we got home. A highlight reel of that game for us would be about 90 seconds.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

15 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

A highlight reel of that game for us would be about 90 seconds.

Sounds like you wanted more!!!