• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BYU fan coming in peace

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

I appreciate the sentiment but unless one comes in here with pejorative guns a blazing, we are more of a threat to each other than to a rational and thoughtful fan of another team. 

This has been a good matchup for USF. The obvious point is BYU being a nationally recognized name brand and a good team.  Not only did our bad team play a decent game at BYU last season, the game here a couple of years ago is probably the one which stands out as "how did we win that game"?  Hopefully USF can continue to be competitive against BYU and we somehow find a way to schedule more games in the future (I know it will be more difficult with BYU no longer being Independent).  

As far as now, we know BYU is supposed to be good.  For USF, hard to say but it cannot get any worse without being a winless season as we have gone 1-8 and 2-10 recently.   Last season for every decent competitive game against better opponent(s) (see BYU or the miscreants to the east you may know as Central Florida) our team has layed eggs (see at Tulane or NC State).   If your DL is less than stellar, I hope our offensive line is up to the task to help take pressure off of the defense. 

Edited by Mission9
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,569
  • Days Won:  1

49 minutes ago, BYUfan35 said:

I can only imagine how our coordinators are trying to prepare for this one. New players, new coordinators, what film do you even watch? The first couple of quarters should be intriguing to see the chess match. 

After the first couple drives last year I thought you guys were going to hang a hundo on us

• Haha 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, DJBulls said:

I've said this on another board...

Bad habit..we have a 12, 4 step program.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,355
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Rocky Style said:

Paging @Gatorbull325

One pervasive issue we had last year at least in the beginning part was coming out flat every game.  I am hoping this can somehow change as it ended up being the difference in most games.

We didn’t have leadership last year . Cade bummed out fast . I Ike’s Timmy but this guy GB is gonna shine.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

Back to the topic at hand. I think it’s going to be difficult for anyone to give you an honest answer to what to expect from us. As I’m sure you know we have had a pretty rough few years. There is reason for optimism however because instead of staying the course we have changed up both of our coordinators as well as our starting QB. There is also reason to be concerned about this season because we have two new coordinators and a new starting QB.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

18 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Back to the topic at hand. I think it’s going to be difficult for anyone to give you an honest answer to what to expect from us. As I’m sure you know we have had a pretty rough few years. There is reason for optimism however because instead of staying the course we have changed up both of our coordinators as well as our starting QB. There is also reason to be concerned about this season because we have two new coordinators and a new starting QB.

:thumbsup: ....... and that's a **** good, succinct assessment if I say so myself.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

My two cents...

If BYU is as good as the write up on page 1 of this thread, it should be another terrible home opener for us. However my gut says we're not as bad as we have been and they're not as overpowering as they were last year. We will finally score a TD or two in a home opener (and I won't be there to see it - ugh!). Oddsmakers are guessing at best... so I'll flip their script and will say BYU will probably walk away with a three TD victory against us. GB can only carry a team so far with as many holes as we have demonstrated. Hoping for the best, however I believe Scott Frost has a better chance of turning around Nebraska this season and getting them to 10 wins than us getting things turned around and getting to six wins. Hoping I'm wrong - but my old age has made me more prudent.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

8 minutes ago, Triple B said:

:thumbsup: ....... and that's a **** good, succinct assessment if I say so myself.

I was really proud of myself, thanks for noticing 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

4 minutes ago, The Sheriff said:

However my gut says we're not as bad as we have been and they're not as overpowering as they were last year.

:guinness:

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,004
  • Days Won:  12

BYU will be predictably good. 

USF is a toss up if we're good, and then another toss up if we have that kind of a day and pull this off. 

Hard to call. 

• Upvote 1