• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BYU fan coming in peace

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  848
  • Days Won:  1

Between the new class coming in and the transfer portal it's something like 40 new players on the team this year...that has to be a record

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

22 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

This is a good point.  The major theme you will see on here is that we have made so many justified changes in the staff and through the transfer portal to try to get things up to code that honestly no one knows what will happen.  The execution was bad last year and there was unnecessary confusion maybe coming out of a green leadership.  Nevertheless, we had real flashes at times even with last year's talent level.  So the big question is: IF this new mix will start clicking and when?  We seemed to be close in several games.  It's all speculation on our end...

This is an interesting point. Hopefully with the new coordinators running their systems with the strengths of our players as opposed to trying to run their systems in spite of the personnel jelling will come much sooner than later. Also, hopefully, with the experience EVERYBODY will play and make decisions better than last year.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,916
  • Days Won:  67

58 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Welcome to the board!  I am now scared about this game based on your synopsis.  

Don’t fret, I am sure Gatorbull will provide a dialogue shortly that will convince us all that we are playoff bound.

• Haha 3
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

I've said this on another board...Shoop is the biggest factor in our success this year next to GB

• Upvote 2
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,657
  • Days Won:  6

Welcome.  Nothing like a reasonable, level-headed and thoughtful opposing fan to come on here and knock all the wind out of our optimistic sail.  It's going to take me the next 8 days to build my optimism back up, just in time for kickoff!

GO BULLS!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Go Bulls! 2

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

9 minutes ago, DJBulls said:

I've said this on another board...Shoop is the biggest factor in our success this year next to GB

Yep. We saw the difference between an attacking style defense (final week against c.) and the passive BS Spencer ran all year. If Shoop is as advertised (by himself and his track record), then the defense should be a much improved unit and make at least a few games more winnable.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,503
  • Days Won:  13

Congrats on your victory.

• Me no likey 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  10
  • Days Won:  0

57 minutes ago, pascobull said:

Between the new class coming in and the transfer portal it's something like 40 new players on the team this year...that has to be a record

I can only imagine how our coordinators are trying to prepare for this one. New players, new coordinators, what film do you even watch? The first couple of quarters should be intriguing to see the chess match. 

• Like 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

49 minutes ago, DJBulls said:

I've reversed that order ....

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

54 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Don’t fret, I am sure Gatorbull will provide a dialogue shortly that will convince us all that we are playoff bound.

Paging @Gatorbull325

27 minutes ago, BYUfan35 said:

I can only imagine how our coordinators are trying to prepare for this one. New players, new coordinators, what film do you even watch? The first couple of quarters should be intriguing to see the chess match. 

One pervasive issue we had last year at least in the beginning part was coming out flat every game.  I am hoping this can somehow change as it ended up being the difference in most games.