• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

GoUSFBulls.com: Scott Names Bohanon Bulls' Starter At Quarterback

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,722
  • Days Won:  6

I think that showing absolutely nothing in the Spring game is what spelled the end for Timmy. IMO, it looked like he had not made any progress from the ucf game in November. The writing was on the wall in April and apparently the coaching staff felt that way too. Perhaps the AAC is too much competition for Timmy and he might be better off in a smaller league. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

Great for Gerry, sucks for Timmy.  

I understand not wanting to waste a year when you've lost the job once (who knows if someone else replaces you again next year)...but if Timmy really thinks his track record is better than Gerry's then he's just letting pride delude himself.

As for the comments about it not being a "real" QB competition...tell that to Gerry who was on the grit list every week.  McClain simply got outplayed by someone better, no shame in that.   But don't try and tell me our QB1 was handed something for doing nothing.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

5 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

but if Timmy really thinks his track record is better than Gerry's then he's just letting pride delude himself.

Well all the facts are not in yet, so it seems like it would have been better to let it play out during the season.  Maybe they have a lead on another gig...

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

Lawdy...haven't been around in a while but you Bulls fans can rehash new transfer QB vs incumbent QB with the best of the college fans.  

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

Timmy should redshirt.  He was thrown into action earlier than planned last year.  He should use this year to get better.  I believe he will be a good QB but in due time.   

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

"you Bulls fans"....say brother, what are you these days?  :roflmao:

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647
  • Days Won:  25

11 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Well all the facts are not in yet, so it seems like it would have been better to let it play out during the season.  Maybe they have a lead on another gig...

I believe he still has to sit out this year because his name was not in the transfer portal before the cutoff to play this season. Am I wrong ?

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

23 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

By transferring before classes start it allows this to be a redshirt season with wherever he signs….at least that is my intrepretation from some random tweet…has huge potential, hate to see him go and wish him the best…..but we have to win now and i bullieve Gerry gives us our best shot at that now. This is life in the G5 now unfortunately, just win baby and start with BYU. FYI, i really like Marsh growing as a backup too

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  774
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, Skingraft said:

Timmy has talent but no FB IQ

You may want to read this about the young man. I would probably read all information about him before he came here. Probably not your typical qb or player.

McClain_Bull_in_the_Spotlight_Template.p

Timmy McClain leads the Bulls' offense with dazzling talent and...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647
  • Days Won:  25

Best of luck kid and if you change your mind you are still welcome here. Compete and never quit on your dreams. Problems like this usually work themselves out and only time will tell.

Edited by Outlaw
  • Upvote 2