• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coach Scott Embracing the Past

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

What's up with the light blue shorts?  😃

I do think he gets it though.  

Edited by olafberserker

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,029
  • Days Won:  38

This is what we like to see.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Rocky Style said:

This is what we like to see.

Me too!! When a coach embraces the school and traditions, it shows respect and the players see that. I feel like school pride and desire to be a fan and play for a team comes from the history of the team in addition to how successful they currently are. When the current players walk the halls with images, trophies and stories of the greatness past, it can inspire and motivate to be better. That’s part of the reason I wish we would go back to our 2007/2008 style jerseys (mustard gold helmets and all) and use them as our standard jerseys (alternates are good for 1 or 2 games), it help foster the heritage and tradition of USF. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,355
  • Days Won:  8

Great to see buy-in from former players 

Edited by bowman1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  357
  • Content Count:  4,113
  • Days Won:  56

Getting and keeping guys like Matthew, George, and B.J. connected is big. I know there are many around here who have pulled in the past for alums like Larry Scott or Danny Verpaele to be part of the coaching staff for the same reason - energize your alumni and keep them engaged. It's so important.

Edited by Dave_Glaser

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  0

I know winning is all that matters, but it sounds like Jeff is doing all the right things outside of football.

I hope he wins or he should be gone though.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

13 minutes ago, Brad said:

I'll give Scott a lot for credit for this.  He showed up with this US2F -"United Start 2 Finish" mantra that eventually resonated with me.  I consider myself as someone impacted by the mismanagement of the program, the firing of Jim Leavitt and the deliberate separation from our past as a result.  Everything we accomplished and were proud of was flushed down the toilet in 2010, all because of egos and incompetence (and the dangerous mixing of the two).  We went into a tailspin.  We lost fans, thousands of them.  They're still gone.  Not only is Scott trying to fix a football team, he's trying to fix a neglected, broken program with a disenfranchised fanbase.  Those that sit back and ***** have little understanding of the disastrous shape this program is in.  He's trying to build a lasting program that can bring fans home (and players in), not just be the flash in the pan Tags-type that will get 8+ wins after three or four years and bolt.  Scott and Kelly have an extremely tough challenge to resurrect USF Football amid a fan base that feels betrayed, disinterested, forgotten, foolish, angry and detached.  

He is doing the right things. 

That is why I have faith in him and his efforts (along with Kelly), allowing myself to "Bullieve".

****, that pretty much encapsulates the situation perfectly (especially the bolded part) and hopefully some will read and get a ****** clue ....

• Topic Count:  2,332
  • Content Count:  21,305
  • Days Won:  10

Scott came here knowing he had a difficult challenge to say the least.   He had a key person in his corner, Kelly.  See the big picture, we have IPF almost done, Football stadium in our future.    College football is difficult and you are dealing with young lads.  You don't know how things are going to go this season but I really like him bringing in key players from the past who won on grit and determination.   They liked being an underdog and they came out fighting like junkyard dogs. 

Our past success has now come to haunt us.  It is thrown in our face but I say double down and use that as the mantra to fight on the field and with recruiting fans.  

• Go Bulls! 1