• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Next steps revealed for USF Bulls’ on-campus football stadium

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,746
  • Content Count:  37,624
  • Days Won:  29

As long as they are BULL fans !

It's the problem I'll be fine with.

• Upvote 2

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,474
  • Days Won:  0

59 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

I am wondering if USF can get a hotel to sponsor the OCS. And then have the hotel rooms attached to the OCS. I would book a room every game day weekend lol. Have the away games shown on the big screen at OCS

i'd be happy with a small version of this, if it were on campus. paint the seats green and do gold turf.

yale-bowl.thumb.png.943a2074d8c494036be598c9b98f0583.png

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,047
  • Days Won:  38

17 minutes ago, BULLSHTR said:

i'd be happy with a small version of this, if it were on campus. paint the seats green and do gold turf.

yale-bowl.thumb.png.943a2074d8c494036be598c9b98f0583.png

I like it and it is also reminiscent of the College of Business.  Of course people are going to say this isn't modern enough even though it wakes up the echoes.

41 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

So... if the stadium is only 35,000 seats ... and if CJS gets the Bulls back on the winning side of the ledger.. not only will it sell out, but it will be the same fans that were going to RayJay.

Worse, you might see out of town people buying season tickets just to ensure they get a ticket to that game -- but then won't be able to make the other 5-6 home games and end up selling their tickets on stub hub.

I am all for scarcity in this case.  So darn we sell out completely season tickets for the whole year?  

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  2,536
  • Days Won:  3

1 minute ago, Rocky Style said:

I like it and it is also reminiscent of the College of Business.  Of course people are going to say this isn't modern enough even though it wakes up the echoes.

🤔

I guess a retractable dome would be way too expensive.

1 minute ago, Peatearpan said:

🤔

I guess a retractable dome would be way too expensive.

I think more we are lucky to even be there and expand later.

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,398
  • Days Won:  3

56 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

maybe give USF students (the ones that live off campus) a place to stay and sober up after games?

This would be the last thing i would want as a hotel owner. 

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,076
  • Days Won:  14

1 hour ago, Jim Johnson said:

So... if the stadium is only 35,000 seats ... and if CJS gets the Bulls back on the winning side of the ledger.. not only will it sell out, but it will be the same fans that were going to RayJay.

Worse, you might see out of town people buying season tickets just to ensure they get a ticket to that game -- but then won't be able to make the other 5-6 home games and end up selling their tickets on stub hub.

I think the idea is to start with a number of "seats" (maybe like 35000), which is small, but the actual CAPACITY will be bigger.  Lots of standing room areas, maybe a berm.  I think this is the right approach to start with.  As long as people can get in to the stadium and see the action.

• Like 2
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,076
  • Days Won:  14

1 hour ago, E.T. said:

Isn't there a hotel on campus now?

We stay there for on-campus alumni events.  It's nice.  It has become a bit dated over the years, but last time we were there (the rained out homecoming parade 2021), they were in the process of renovating floor-by-floor.   It's pretty easy to get a room now, but when we start hosting games, its going to fill up very quickly and cost way more $$$ to stay there.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,471
  • Days Won:  13

1 hour ago, Rocky Style said:

I am all for scarcity in this case.  So darn we sell out completely season tickets for the whole year?  

True... and that first year it could happen depending on how many seats are provided for visiting teams, students, player families/recruits/atheltics, and the faculty/staff sections.

At 35k in size, USF might only actually "sell" 25,000 seats per game... and for a winning team, that might be easily achievable.