• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Next steps revealed for USF Bulls’ on-campus football stadium

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

JING5BHW3RD3ZIKXWMADU72VAU.jpg

USF updated its timeline during a standing-room-only meeting for potential suppliers of the nine-figure stadium.

Some of the notable firms in attendance included: Populous, which built Colorado State’s new Canvas Stadium and renovated Texas A&M’s Kyle Field; AECOM Hunt; which renovated Miami’s Hard Rock Stadium and served as the construction manager for Indianapolis’ Lucas Oil Stadium; and Barton Malow, which renovated the iconic stadiums at Ohio State and Michigan.

The Bulls’ stadium will likely require a year or two of design, then a year or two of construction. USF aims to open the stadium for the 2026 season.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141
  • Days Won:  2

UCF charges an Athletic Fee of $14.32 per credit hour. USF is only $10 per semester. If USF just charged half of UCF at $7.16 per credit hour, it would be an additional $5.6 million per year, and still be a bargain. Would be huge for OCS funding.

UCF fees

USF fees

• Go Bulls! 2

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

BAYLORSTAD_0001_ChristyRadecic.jpg

After playing off-campus at Floyd Casey Stadium for more than 60 years, Baylor University announced in Spring of 2012 plans to open a new, on-campus stadium.

Populous did Baylor's stadium in 2014 for 266 million which is my absolute dream for us. With inflation 266 in 2014 is 328 million in 2024. But reading that link it sounds like they redirected part of the river into a lagoon for sailgating, which I imagine had to be a big chunk of money.

Theirs is also 45k capacity. If we can get a 35k version for 250-300 million in todays dollars that'll be sick

mclanestadium.jpg

Edited by bulloni
  • Go Bulls! 3

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

POP_09_3182_25_N79_medium.jpg

The University of South Florida engaged the design-build team of Populous and R.R. Simmons to design and construct a new complex of athletic facilities that would...

Looks like we've worked with them before

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

10 hours ago, BayIslandBull said:

UCF charges an Athletic Fee of $14.32 per credit hour. USF is only $10 per semester. If USF just charged half of UCF at $7.16 per credit hour, it would be an additional $5.6 million per year, and still be a bargain. Would be huge for OCS funding.

UCF fees

USF fees

Too lazy to try looking up, but I thought I heard this type of change isn't easy to implement.

As in you have to get buy-in from student groups and or state politicians/education boards in order to raise these fees.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  225
  • Days Won:  0

I looked at all the companies that were in the article and I think Populous will be the best one. I love Baylor's stadium and always told people when I watched opening night for them that I want that to be USF's stadium. Will be a home run if we get them hired.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, bulloni said:
POP_09_3182_25_N79_medium.jpg

The University of South Florida engaged the design-build team of Populous and R.R. Simmons to design and construct a new complex of athletic facilities that would...

Looks like we've worked with them before

?? Is it me or does that red area take on the appearance of a Pirate Ship? 

• Haha 2

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

25 minutes ago, DaNewsBull said:

I looked at all the companies that were in the article and I think Populous will be the best one.

Populous has not yet once used chain link fence to divide sections in their football designs...

• Haha 3

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,467
  • Days Won:  13

49 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

Too lazy to try looking up, but I thought I heard this type of change isn't easy to implement.

As in you have to get buy-in from student groups and or state politicians/education boards in order to raise these fees.

Athletic fees require a local committee with students, the approval by the USF Board of Trustees and the Florida Board of Governors.  But if it gets past the first gate, the rest are typically approved without much of an issue.

11 hours ago, BayIslandBull said:

UCF fees

USF fees

The $10 per semester is already dedicated to funding athletic programs... and USF also charges a per-credit hour athletic fee (but they don't break it down on the website, it's included in the other "Local Fees" with A&S and Health.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

35 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

?? Is it me or does that red area take on the appearance of a Pirate Ship? 

More like a tug boat ...... but good catch.