• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Next steps revealed for USF Bulls’ on-campus football stadium

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  103
  • Days Won:  0

9 minutes ago, GoBulls84 said:

Interesting. Wondering how much private fundraising has been done if all the $300+ million estimates have been accurate.

Just guessing here- but thinking that the breakdown will look like this- Total cost 300-325M, factor in 25M in cost overruns.  $170-200M financed, 70M in donations, then remainder in state or developer funding for mixed use of stadium (retail/class/etc).  

Still blows my mind that through all these years, past administrations while in the Big East haven't been able to get this done.  The speed that this admin has been able to push this through has been insane.  This is going to happen. 

• Like 3

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,107
  • Days Won:  39

16 minutes ago, 12inchtaint! said:

Just guessing here- but thinking that the breakdown will look like this- Total cost 300-325M, factor in 25M in cost overruns.  $170-200M financed, 70M in donations, then remainder in state or developer funding for mixed use of stadium (retail/class/etc).  

Still blows my mind that through all these years, past administrations while in the Big East haven't been able to get this done.  The speed that this admin has been able to push this through has been insane.  This is going to happen. 

It's a huge wasted opportunity, but we still eventually had to make moves or basically quit altogether.  My contention has always been to not blame the fans but the people who were supposed to be building and selling the product.  We needed someone (anyone) with a vision and who got the big picture before it was going to happen.  Also, the event of UCF officially passing us really helped slap the "status quo" people in the face.   That awakening has been very entertaining for me to watch.  If this happens, remember that "connected" people said with authority that it would never happen in our lifetimes and most people just believed them.  It's a nice microcosm for life in general.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,564
  • Days Won:  28

29 minutes ago, 12inchtaint! said:

We have a new IPF, real OCS  plans ongoing that happened out of nowhere. I agree. Not sure what factors came in to play, but it's a good sign at  the speed of it all. And b4 anybody replies to this with "If only this can translate to wins" or "CJS better start winning"....yes....we all know. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

"CJS better start winning"....yes....we all know.

You don't say!  LOL

6 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

We have a new IPF, real OCS  plans ongoing that happened out of nowhere. I agree. Not sure what factors came in to play, but it's a good sign at  the speed of it all. And b4 anybody replies to this with "If only this can translate to wins" or "CJS better start winning"....yes....we all know. 

On a positive note, if CJS does not start winning at least we now have better facilities to lure in a new coach!

I feel like this season will be a lot better than expected. If Scott can finally get wins this year, it could be transformational for the program.  

But at the end of the day, the IPF and Stadium being done in such a short time should put the program on the map for expansion. Not many schools could show this level of commitment in such a short period of time.  Once the stadium is approved, we are looking at almost one half of a billion dollars invested in athletics programs in a span of 3-5 years. Thats got to be up there in total new investment for athletics. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, 12inchtaint! said:

But at the end of the day, the IPF and Stadium being done in such a short time should put the program on the map for expansion. Not many schools could show this level of commitment in such a short period of time.  Once the stadium is approved, we are looking at almost one half of a billion dollars invested in athletics programs in a span of 3-5 years. Thats got to be up there in total new investment for athletics. 

This makes our market look like a better investment to me with more upside and lower up front cost.  

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,471
  • Days Won:  25

9 minutes ago, 12inchtaint! said:

On a positive note, if CJS does not start winning at least we now have better facilities to lure in a new coach!

I personally do not think that the winning part of that equation will be a problem. I THINK that VPMK was brought in with a vision, and just like CJS had to change the culture of the locker room VPMK had to change the culture of administration. Once that was accomplished things took off. Of course maybe getting left behind was the head slap needed to get it some peoples asses in gear. 22 DAYS!

GO BULLS!

• Upvote 2
  • Go Bulls! 1

5 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

This makes our market look like a better investment to me with more upside and lower up front cost.  

Once they get the stadium announced, USF would be wise to blast out the half billion number all over athletics social media. Football broadcast notes should be plastered with it. Should be one of the first things announcers talk about on tv when talking about USF. 

They need to generate national and local buzz and that spend is thebway to get it started. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,056
  • Days Won:  469

Good place for a reminder that the first annual "Will Weatherford Day" is September 8.  It's a joyous time of season.  Pick up some Bulls gifts for your loved ones and celebrate:

• Go Bulls! 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  149

10 minutes ago, Brad said:

Good place for a reminder that the first annual "Will Weatherford Day" is September 8.  It's a joyous time of season.  Pick up some Bulls gifts for your loved ones and celebrate:

This is a great idea!

I need a new unofficial holiday since St. Totteringham's day hasn't been observed in a few years.