• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

IPF / OCS - Informational Updates

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  1,342
  • Days Won:  2

47 minutes ago, Skingraft said:

Gents.... We are the strip capital.... Mons Venus Lounge.... Let's make it happen

Throw in a mechanical bull

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

58 minutes ago, Cornada said:

Throw in a mechanical bull

We can have over weight night and call it the heard of thunder night 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,893
  • Days Won:  67

4 hours ago, Skingraft said:

We can have over weight night and call it the heard of thunder night 

We already have the dancing team in front of the band that weighs as much as our O line so  you may be on to something.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

We already have the dancing team in front of the band that weighs as much as our O line so  you may be on to something.

stampede GIF by Chris LeDoux

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  91
  • Days Won:  1

On 6/17/2022 at 3:14 PM, John Lewis said:

Simple question, do you want USF to move into a better conference?

I agree.  USF is making a big committment to the Program which will pay dividends down the line.  Very excited about whats to come on and off the field for this program.  Which I couldn't say last year at this time.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

On 6/17/2022 at 2:07 PM, DontPushMe said:

I just don't understand why this is happening now. Who is going to show up to watch us play rice or Charlotte in this stadium? This should have happened 15 years ago but since it didn't there's no point chasing sunk costs. I wish we'd just shut down the program altogether and focus on other things. 

Imagine if UCF took this line of thinking years ago. IMO, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

On 6/16/2022 at 5:25 PM, bull2bull said:

Was at the last Coaches' Caravan event in Fort Lauderdale and met Coach Scott for first time. Very impressed with his presentation. I will keep any player/personnel information heard out of this thread. I only want to mention new information on these two facilities that I have not heard before even from others that attended these previous events. Making this a separate topic from the other two OCS and IPF threads only because of the last bullet item below on the OCS (I was blown away thinking of the possibilities that we could come up with that would garner national attention at every game).

Indoor Performance Facility

- No completion date set. Due to weather and most likely due to material issues, Coach Scott was told it could be some time in the Fall (this shocked me as I thought a mid August date would be reasonable).

- He sees the IPF being used by not only Football and the rest of the sports teams but he expects students and alumni to have many events in there as well. Need to have a large TV screen bigger than some of the renderings show for watch parties.

- He showed renderings of the IPF on the inside that I have not seen before which after seeing them only supports the ranking I have below. The new ones showed apparently go with this one as the facility is being built on the outside exactly to this: https://twitter.com/USFFootball/status/1436018328842080256/photo/1 

- When finished, considers it to be one of the nicest in the country. (from a previous thread, I ranked the State IPFs as the following, added other 2 NFL teams)

1. USF - just a clean design inside and out, entryway atrium and observation deck nobody else has, all white interior with flush insulation on ceiling
  2. Buccaneers - like the ground windows but is more barn like than USF
  3. Dolphins - everything exposed on the inside like there was never thought of adding insulation
  4. UF - very similar to USF but exterior is lacking and they put too many garage door openings to the grass fields
  5. FSU - goodness gracious they tried too hard to match the brick and look of Doak Campbell (which is just an erector set with a nice brick facade) and again way too many door openings.
  6. UM - Couldn't make it even a 100 yds as they have a street in the way on the one end. Left the interior structure dark and factory looking
  7. Jaguars - OMG, it is like a circus tent....it might be worse than Cs but considering both are crap, new crap is better than old crap
  8. University of Chainlink Fence - **** a doodle dooo, Not always best to be first in the state with the IPF that should be storing hay bales and not practicing football at.

On Campus Stadium

- Was told by finance/construction folks that getting the stadium done in 2026 instead of 2027 could be a savings in material costs of up to $15 million.

- With the new football facility and locker rooms sitting between the stadium and the IPF, they would be able to go 100 feet to the North and be in the stadium or 100 feet to the South and be in the IPF. Said no other school in the country would have this convenience.

- Would assume that the new football facility would then have the home locker room for the stadium and that would open space under the stadium for something else (unless it is built under the South endzone bleachers).

- Has many people in community already offering to buy suites when available.

And here is the kicker that you folks need to run with and provide ideas and illustrations (we got to get someone with architectural / landscaping design background to draw some ideas up)

- He envisions an initial U shape design with the North end open and some type of water features there for the students like at least a pool area. Future expansion would then close this area up but it may be too popular by then. Can you imagine, Jacksonville can have their crappy little pool but we could put a big lagoon style pool with beach area and palm trees. Could have raffles for 100 sober students to use each game with one game being for club members/alumni etc. You wanted incentives for rental income on the side during the offseason...there you go. Could have sponsorship by Adventure Island and even have it done by the Lucas Lagoons and get a national tv shot of it being built. You want to get national interest in both local sellouts and high tv ratings, put a beach and lagoon pool 30 yards behind the North end zone. Short of going Savannah Bananas with promotional crap, this and some AAC championships will get us in the correct conference within 5 years.

Show us your endzone ideas and possible sponsors (ie. Lucas Lagoons, Margaritaville, Adventure Island, Hooters, Publix, Ron Jons.....) 

I'd be curious to see if they can really save $15M finishing a year early. Construction costs are moving in the opposite direction finally. I would believe slow rolling the stadium build out would be cheaper than rushing into it presently. Just my two cents.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,713
  • Days Won:  109

4 hours ago, The Sheriff said:

I'd be curious to see if they can really save $15M finishing a year early. Construction costs are moving in the opposite direction finally. I would believe slow rolling the stadium build out would be cheaper than rushing into it presently. Just my two cents.

Better donate more than that.  💵

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  82
  • Days Won:  0

USF Bulls: The New On-Campus Stadium Is Closer To Being A Reality

EFSD6IJEBFFF3MOOYKLXFXXAMY.webp

The USF Bulls are getting closer to a dream of a on-campus stadium. The USF Bulls have been hoping this would happen and in 2024 it could.

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,521
  • Days Won:  10

Did anyone else feel how awkward that article was?  It was like they copied and pasted press releases and wikis.

I miss real journalism, I guess...

• Upvote 2