• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CFN - AAC Predictions

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  401
  • Days Won:  2

Brad
This post was recognized by Brad!

"Thanks for providing some helpful and informative background info!"

UCF_rustbucket was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 10 points.

18 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Very interesting ....

I'll add a little more insight. 

He got injured in the Louisville game where we lost a ton of starters to injury. He was out for a while and when he returned, didn't seem 100% healthy, probably lingering injury. In his absence Ryan O'Keefe emerged and built chemistry with Mikey Keene since Dillon Gabriel went down in Louisville too. So when Robinson came back he wasn't back to full strength and now had a new, not as good QB who had a different go to WR. 

Then once DG transferred, there was a lot of smoke that Robinson would leave too. Somehow it didn't happen and spring started. Really thought he'd stick at that point and he looked great in the spring game after being back to full health, but alas it wasn't meant to be.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,569
  • Days Won:  423

6 hours ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

I'll add a little more insight. 

He got injured in the Louisville game where we lost a ton of starters to injury. He was out for a while and when he returned, didn't seem 100% healthy, probably lingering injury. In his absence Ryan O'Keefe emerged and built chemistry with Mikey Keene since Dillon Gabriel went down in Louisville too. So when Robinson came back he wasn't back to full strength and now had a new, not as good QB who had a different go to WR. 

Then once DG transferred, there was a lot of smoke that Robinson would leave too. Somehow it didn't happen and spring started. Really thought he'd stick at that point and he looked great in the spring game after being back to full health, but alas it wasn't meant to be.

Thanks for the further info but, honestly, all I could really focus on in there was Mikey Keene ..... Does he really go by Mikey??

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  401
  • Days Won:  2

9 hours ago, Triple B said:

Thanks for the further info but, honestly, all I could really focus on in there was Mikey Keene ..... Does he really go by Mikey??

He does lolol officially as Mikey on our roster, his 247 profile, and his Twitter account. I'm not sure what the age cutoff is when he has to step it up and just go by Mike.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,468
  • Days Won:  13

22 hours ago, Outlaw said:

They could leave but choose to come back and play for a Scott for their extra covid year. They are Scott's players . 

Well, not entirely -- it's not just about extra COVID year... 2022 would be the normal fifth year for recruits in the class of 2018... and when you count the COVID year, that goes back to 2017.  So the 30 players represent two Strong-only recruiting classes plus the "transition" class recruited by Strong and signed LOI with Scott.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,468
  • Days Won:  13

18 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Ok....so 25% 🤷‍♀️ That still leaves 75% of players that were added by CJS. I could only count like 27 CCS players. (Players in purple) And of the 27, I'm good with half of them. Captureusf.thumb.PNG.f841a0eb7d98498cfd1344b0e056d173.PNG

Will Turner on the 24/7 site (in a publicly accessible post) listed the players as:

Strictly Strong recruits: Daquan Evans, Smoke Davis, Joiner, Grier, Latrell Williams (transfer), Weaver, Boyles, Curry, LaPointe (might've been Tag/Strong transition), Norris, Atkins, Vaughn, Grant, Beardall, Blanchard, McDuffie, Meech Harris, Sainterling, Jennings, Cecil, Hall, Berryhill, Helms, Carter, Yates

From the transition class that committed to Strong staff: Knox, AJ Hamilton, Jordan Smith, Battie, Mac Harris, Townsel

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,569
  • Days Won:  423

2 hours ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

He does lolol officially as Mikey on our roster, his 247 profile, and his Twitter account. I'm not sure what the age cutoff is when he has to step it up and just go by Mike.

I’m thinking it’s when the age hits double digits. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,524
  • Days Won:  28

20 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

Will Turner on the 24/7 site (in a publicly accessible post) listed the players as:

Ahhhhhhh, ok, I got it. I didn't count the transition class. But 30 out of 122 players is 24.5% of the team. I can't even hate on the remaining CCS players. At this point, most are seniors and at their CFB physical and skills peak. The only ones I'm not a fan of is Darian Grant  and Jason Vaughn. Jordan Smith I still like, but he has been disappointing so far. He had some great offers b4 signing with us and is a legacy recruit. I don't understand how he has not been able to crack the lineup. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480
  • Days Won:  0

On 4/20/2022 at 3:09 PM, bulloni said:

Jaylon Robinson just entered the portal at UCF. Had 1300 yards and 8 TD's in 16 games there.

Love to see it

He got pushed out by Kobe Hudson.  Crazy.  I believe OKeefe is their WR1.

Edited by I like GOOOOLD (and green)

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480
  • Days Won:  0

Personally I believe even in a down year there’s at least a 50% chance of winning the game against ucf, especially if it’s at home.  I think 5 wins is the floor, worried about ECU and their 35 year old  quarterback.  

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

3 hours ago, I like GOOOOLD (and green) said:

He got pushed out by Kobe Hudson.  Crazy.  I believe OKeefe is their WR1.

there's no way to know that and I disagree based on Robinson being the WR1 all spring and the most productive WR in the spring game. Their fans on social media seem to think its either grades or Robinson has no faith in the current QB's deep ball compared to DG's.

Regardless, neither of us know for sure and its a move that no doubt makes them worse so I'm happy

• Upvote 1