• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Of OCS Interest

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

22 minutes ago, bulloni said:

USF has issued the invitation to negotiate! Deadline of July 22nd for design firms to submit proposals.

Less than a month for a design firm to put together their entire proposal and have renderings created to submit seems unrealistic, granted I'm not too familiar with the process.

Makes me wonder if they already have someone in mind they've been working with and this step in the process is almost a formality...kind of like the president search

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

10 minutes ago, bulloni said:

Less than a month for a design firm to put together their entire proposal and have renderings created to submit seems unrealistic, granted I'm not too familiar with the process.

Makes me wonder if they already have someone in mind they've been working with and this step in the process is almost a formality...kind of like the president search

I 100 percent suspect that this is the case. We probably already have a preference from talking to firms informally, and this is a legal step that has to take place.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,473
  • Days Won:  13

2 hours ago, bulloni said:

My guess is the various firms who would submit a bid have been working on this for months now.  Remember, VPMK said there were "architects" (plural) "chomping at the bit" for this project.

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 2

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

5 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

My guess is the various firms who would submit a bid have been working on this for months now.  Remember, VPMK said there were "architects" (plural) "chomping at the bit" for this project.

September 6 is the next BoT meeting that isn't already slated as a committees meeting and taking place on Teams. I would almost bet money that's when we get the information on who's said they can do what and for how much, and possibly some renderings (though I wouldn't go getting your hopes up too much like some in the Twitterverse have previously)

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  334
  • Days Won:  0

Once those documents get submitted, I imagine they would be open for a public records request.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  1,342
  • Days Won:  2

Instead of a live Bull, we could go with a mechanical Bull.  Put it near the endzone, on the grassed section.  It would be a blast to watch the students ride before the game and during commercial breaks.

Edited by Cornada

• 2 months later...

• Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

for live mascot....how about a Miniature Zebu?  I believe the ones in the pictures are full grown.  Find a gray one with horns.

85ad40ace9051b71e3b1898573ff4e3d.jpg

The world's oldest and smallest breed - PressReader

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,646
  • Days Won:  29

Well . . . we've moved on from a Brahma.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,626
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, E.T. said:

Well . . . we've moved on from a Brahma.

We shouldn't have ....

• Upvote 1