• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Of OCS Interest

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

I’m a bit late to the discussion, but a couple of examples. First off, yes, I failed as to influencing my kids. Both my daughter and granddaughter went to UCF. Daughter was during the 0-12 era, went to ONE game other than vs USF. But never missed a tailgate. “Games were boring.” Granddaughter during the 12-0 era. Went to almost every game. “Just the excitement and fun in the stadium.”

We’ve all seen the difference during that eight year span. My opinion, an OCS AND WINNING will make a huge difference in attendance of students AND enough of the public to fill a 35k-40k seat OCS on a regular basis IF the team is winning.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,638
  • Days Won:  424

5 hours ago, BDYZR said:

My opinion, an OCS AND WINNING will make a huge difference in attendance of students AND enough of the public to fill a 35k-40k seat OCS on a regular basis IF the team is winning.

Actually, I don't think the OCS will need to make that big of a difference in that regard. During the 2016-2018 seasons, we went 28-10 and averaged 36K. Assuming we don't lose a large amount of non-student attendance with the move on campus, the ease of access to the students should push that figure closer to the 40K mark with a winning team.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,521

3 hours ago, BDYZR said:

I’m a bit late to the discussion, but a couple of examples. First off, yes, I failed as to influencing my kids. Both my daughter and granddaughter went to UCF. Daughter was during the 0-12 era, went to ONE game other than vs USF. But never missed a tailgate. “Games were boring.” Granddaughter during the 12-0 era. Went to almost every game. “Just the excitement and fun in the stadium.”

We’ve all seen the difference during that eight year span. My opinion, an OCS AND WINNING will make a huge difference in attendance of students AND enough of the public to fill a 35k-40k seat OCS on a regular basis IF the team is winning.

Winning will bring people back, winning games against big programs will bring people back, and the ocs may bring a few people back that left when the godfather was fired . We did okay and had a good run his junior and senior year during the flowers  era but we were not beating many major programs or getting huge upsets. Ths biggest thing is all the magic has left since we have not really upset a top 25 team or premier program in a while. No one wants to watch cjs win 1 fbs game in two seasons. We haven't found an offense under the this offensive minded coach  either... losing sucks but if you are scoring points and having close games it is more fun to watch. At the end of the day, winning is all the matters and cjs hasn't excelled at that.  So we can hope pray, toss some hail marys, or whatever you want to do to fell better, but until he shows us he deserves to be here and wins attendance wil suffer.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,345
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Outlaw said:

winning games against big programs will bring people back

This is the only way in Tampa. Pro sports town doesn't care, but if you start beating programs people heard of it will turn heads.

Leavitt going 8-4 beating Auburn means more than going 10-2 beating Cuse.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,831
  • Days Won:  22

This is an interesting breakdown on the SDSU stadium and where money is coming from.

MONTYS-STADIUM-REVENUES.jpg?fit=1200%2C6

Quite a few things have been clarified since our last stadium article back in August. With SDSU releasing the Aztecs Stadium naming...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,473
  • Days Won:  13

1 hour ago, Cubanbull said:

This is an interesting breakdown on the SDSU stadium and where money is coming from.

MONTYS-STADIUM-REVENUES.jpg?fit=1200%2C6

Quite a few things have been clarified since our last stadium article back in August. With SDSU releasing the Aztecs Stadium naming...

Interesting things -- 

• 10 naming rights beyond the whole stadium... bringing in $6 million more per year.
  • $310 million price tag
  • All seats require a one-time "gift" (formerly known as a "personal seat license") plus the annual gift... plus the cost of tickets.  This article expects $20 million up front for those "gifts".

The article links to a San Diego Tribune article with these tid bits:

• Student "seats" have handrails in every row... but those are the only pre-planned "standing" areas
  • They are expecting to use some of the new annual ticket revenue to pay debt service
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

Interesting things -- 

• 10 naming rights beyond the whole stadium... bringing in $6 million more per year.
  • $310 million price tag
  • All seats require a one-time "gift" (formerly known as a "personal seat license") plus the annual gift... plus the cost of tickets.  This article expects $20 million up front for those "gifts".

The article links to a San Diego Tribune article with these tid bits:

• Student "seats" have handrails in every row... but those are the only pre-planned "standing" areas
  • They are expecting to use some of the new annual ticket revenue to pay debt service

The gift to USf at this point should be we are willing to attend games

6 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

This is the only way in Tampa. Pro sports town doesn't care, but if you start beating programs people heard of it will turn heads.

Leavitt going 8-4 beating Auburn means more than going 10-2 beating Cuse.

WVU and FSU had some big momentum and local chatter as well.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,638
  • Days Won:  424

10 hours ago, Outlaw said:

The gift to USf at this point should be we are willing to attend games

That's been the attitude of far too many Bulls football fans for far too much of its existence ...... but will hopefully change for a decent amount of them with the OCS.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,648
  • Days Won:  6

14 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:
  • Student "seats" have handrails in every row... but those are the only pre-planned "standing" area

I so hope we do this.  5,000 general admission standing rows for students.  The base for these can be the width of a  normal row with steps so they can be changed out later for seats or bleachers if standing room doesn't work out.

GO BULLS!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

That's been the attitude of far too many Bulls football fans for far too much of its existence ...... but will hopefully change for a decent amount of them with the OCS.

I have donated for years and seen nothing but failure. I'm not donating any more until we improve on the field or the ocs is starting to get built. 

• Upvote 1