• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Playoff expansion dead for now

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,650
  • Days Won:  6

Aresco letter falls on deaf ears...

As NCAA Division I athletics embarks on transformational changes in the coming weeks and months, and as the College Football Playoff (“CFP”) leadership looks to the...

GettyImages-1187445277.jpg

ESPN college football analyst Paul Finebaum says the decision to push back a potential CFP expansion is "sad and embarrassing."

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,709
  • Days Won:  109

Finebaum is one of my least favorite people to watch or listen to so I won't click on that. As for the playoffs, it doesn't really have much meaning to USF fans.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,653
  • Days Won:  424

1 minute ago, CousinRicky said:

Finebaum is one of my least favorite people to watch or listen to so I won't click on that. As for the playoffs, it doesn't really have much meaning to USF fans.

He and Stephen A (except when he talked about Cowboys fans after their playoff loss) may be my 1-2. If Finebaum's complaining it's only because he wanted 8 out of the 12 playoff teams to come from the SEC.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  335
  • Days Won:  1

College football is destroying itself. Same few teams every year, old rivals no longer meet, geographic ties thrown out, bowls are an afterthought (most), the constant shuffle of players and coaches, AD’s only wanting more and more money. Beginning of the end. A great game that needs an overhaul to stay relevant. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,714
  • Days Won:  6

57 minutes ago, BullDut said:

College football is destroying itself. Same few teams every year, old rivals no longer meet, geographic ties thrown out, bowls are an afterthought (most), the constant shuffle of players and coaches, AD’s only wanting more and more money. Beginning of the end. A great game that needs an overhaul to stay relevant. 

Absolutely. The NFL is 100 times more exciting than college football IMO, and ten or fifteen years ago I never would have said that. I am way more into the Raiders than I am USF football……..at least every summer  the Raiders have a shot at the Super Bowl. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,996
  • Days Won:  12

3 hours ago, BullDut said:

That's why it's back to basics for me as a USF fan. No expectations other than to do my part to support the university I love and enjoy the ride for what it is. 

In a world where one of NOTRE DAMES most winningest coaches of all time cant be convinved to stay, and Notre Dame winning 10+ games consistently isn't enough, it's clear even the biggest names aren't safe. 

There are only 3 to 5 programs that are truly elite now. 15 to 20 are powerful brands that control 99% of what happens in college football. The other 100 programs are just along for the ride.

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, hm101 said:

That's why it's back to basics for me as a USF fan. No expectations other than to do my part to support the university I love and enjoy the ride for what it is.

That's pretty much been my philosophy from the beginning. You should hopefully enjoy USF sports a little better now .....

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,890
  • Days Won:  67

33 minutes ago, Triple B said:

That's pretty much been my philosophy from the beginning. You should hopefully enjoy USF sports a little better now .....

I still find it difficult, I have lowered the bar so much it is on the ground.  I don’t really have expectations except to be entertained and have a chance to win most Saturdays, unfortunately these expectations are too lofty.  I really want to know how you found joy in our FB and MBB these past couple of seasons.  

24 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I still find it difficult, I have lowered the bar so much it is on the ground.  I don’t really have expectations except to be entertained and have a chance to win most Saturdays, unfortunately these expectations are too lofty.  I really want to know how you found joy in our FB and MBB these past couple of seasons.  

Yeah, I guess I used the wrong word up there with "enjoy". There's been very little joy in certain areas of Bullsville these last few years. Maybe "tolerate" fits better ......

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  1,342
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Yeah, I guess I used the wrong word up there with "enjoy". There's been very little joy in certain areas of Bullsville these last few years. Maybe "tolerate" fits better ......

I'd go with commiserate