• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Playoff expansion dead for now

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

On 2/19/2022 at 9:03 AM, Triple B said:

He and Stephen A (except when he talked about Cowboys fans after their playoff loss) may be my 1-2. If Finebaum's complaining it's only because he wanted 8 out of the 12 playoff teams to come from the SEC.

I think the most they could get under the proposed format would be 7 unless he was considering SEC East and SEC West to be separate entities. (But point is well taken and agreed with).  As far as the NFL game referenced, anyone who watches football knew that the Cowboys were the weakest of the 3 NFC teams hosting that weekend and that the Niners always have a good shot when they control both lines (they did) and the Seattle Seahawks and Russell Wilson are nowhere to be found. That outcome was only shocking to the pop culture type fans. 

Edited by Mission9

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

23 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Don’t act like the PAC12 and Big12 are all  innocent…it is being speculated that the Big12 will sign a tv contract worth $1 billion dollars (yes I said billion) and each SEC team made $51 million dollars last year. The other three P5 conferences have plenty of motivation to try and keep up and play nice. 

they get further and further behind

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,420
  • Days Won:  43

Have not watched CFP yet. Will hold out until they get more teams

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,561
  • Days Won:  3

18 hours ago, Bull Daly said:

Have not watched CFP yet. Will hold out until they get more teams

Seriously? I watched the first 2-3 CFPs with excitement, because “finally we have a playoff system! This should allow us to see different teams in the championship game!”. Then I realized it was the same teams over and over again

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,890
  • Days Won:  67

52 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

Seriously? I watched the first 2-3 CFPs with excitement, because “finally we have a playoff system! This should allow us to see different teams in the championship game!”. Then I realized it was the same teams over and over again

It has definitely lost my interest, amazing how they can’t see how many people they have turned away with this format.  The viewership for the playoffs peaked at 33-34 million, this year around 17 million.  They can talk about a million or so streaming but they are killing the sport for the average fan.  You will always have the obnoxious and ignorant Alabama/Georgia fan, the Ohio State fan that loves their buckeyes but not enough to actually live in Ohio, so they annoy the rest of us. Zero interest in watching these teams duke it out annually so it appears we are the 50 percent that has given the playoffs the proverbial finger.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, Friscobull said:

It has definitely lost my interest, amazing how they can’t see how many people they have turned away with this format.  The viewership for the playoffs peaked at 33-34 million, this year around 17 million.  They can talk about a million or so streaming but they are killing the sport for the average fan.  You will always have the obnoxious and ignorant Alabama/Georgia fan, the Ohio State fan that loves their buckeyes but not enough to actually live in Ohio, so they annoy the rest of us. Zero interest in watching these teams duke it out annually so it appears we are the 50 percent that has given the playoffs the proverbial finger.

What about the annoying USF fan who lives in Texas and the other in New Hampshire? We must be doing something right…no?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,749
  • Content Count:  37,660
  • Days Won:  29

I did not watch last championship game . . . 

NFL Playoffs > CFP

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

What about the annoying USF fan who lives in Texas and the other in New Hampshire? We must be doing something right…no?

No, when you are abysmal the annoyance factor diminishes relative to the lack of success and therefore we are simply inconsequential, with the hope of someday being somewhat relevant at a regional level.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

12 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

No, when you are abysmal the annoyance factor diminishes relative to the lack of success and therefore we are simply inconsequential, with the hope of someday being somewhat relevant at a regional level.

F all of them…it’s still fun to be annoying. 

17 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

F all of them…it’s still fun to be annoying. 

Agreed, somehow through all the adversity and obstacles that we face we are still able to overcome and be a huge pain in the ass, for that I am proud.