• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF at UF 9/17/2022

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  19

16 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

That would be an up and back for me

Probably a good idea.  And maybe leave early.  Last time in that ghastly swamp I was battling a lung infection and it was so hot that I had to help my buddy to the car at halftime.  Think I'll watch from my air-conditioned couch this time.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

53 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

Probably a good idea.  And maybe leave early.  Last time in that ghastly swamp I was battling a lung infection and it was so hot that I had to help my buddy to the car at halftime.  Think I'll watch from my air-conditioned couch this time.

That game in 2010 was by far the hottest football game I’ve ever attended.  Noon kickoff, and the visitors section is like 50 feet from the surface of the sun.  I learned why they call it the swamp.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,467
  • Days Won:  25

16 hours ago, puc86 said:

Do you have any Hilton points it’s not bad with there, if you have any Amex MR typically Hilton exchange would be like setting them on fire but in this instance a decent exchange. If you have nothing open an Amex Surpass and you can pay for FRiday and Saturday plus have a free nite that can be worth up to $900 if you use it right (it will cost $95 for the year but you can close it or product change after the second fee posts).

Yes, we have Hilton Honors. We're using those in Louisville. After looking, we're less than 2hrs from the game. Gonna make it a one day trip.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,467
  • Days Won:  25

3 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

That game in 2010 was by far the hottest football game I’ve ever attended.  Noon kickoff, and the visitors section is like 50 feet from the surface of the sun.  I learned why they call it the swamp.  

Odds are that it'll be the same this year.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,269
  • Days Won:  255

12 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

The hottest I remember feeling in no particular order were at Alabama via Birmingham, at ucf in the citrus bowl, at UF and FSU here. Interestingly I remember at all three of the first mentioned games they ran out of water at halftime.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,891
  • Days Won:  67

25 minutes ago, puc86 said:

The hottest I remember feeling in no particular order were at Alabama via Birmingham, at ucf in the citrus bowl, at UF and FSU here. Interestingly I remember at all three of the first mentioned games they ran out of water at halftime.

I have not attended as many but the Georgia Tech game in Atlanta had to have been near the top.  I had to leave in the 4th quarter because the wife demanded it, it was brutal.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  19

37 minutes ago, BDYZR said:
42 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

Odds are that it'll be the same this year.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/florida-football/florida-ties-record-for-hottest-game-ever-played-at-the-swamp/

Yes, we have the opportunity this year to break the tie for dubious honor of being hottest games ever played in the Swamp.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,261
  • Days Won:  1

Depending on when kickoff is it might be wise to just make it a one day trip. If you have to spend the night try either ocala or Jacksonville 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

50 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I have not attended as many but the Georgia Tech game in Atlanta had to have been near the top.  I had to leave in the 4th quarter because the wife demanded it, it was brutal.

I was thinking the same…did not get relief until I moved to the end zone in the 2nd half. 

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

4 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Yes, that was a hot one, too.  I still thought the swamp game was hotter.  At least at GT we had room to spread out in our section.