• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF at UF 9/17/2022

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,713
  • Days Won:  109

Hottest games for us in no particular order.  @ Fau at the old soccer stadium. Home vs UCF the next week.  At FSU, UF, Ga Tech.

• Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,479
  • Days Won:  13

12 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Hottest games for us in no particular order.  @ Fau at the old soccer stadium. Home vs UCF the next week.  At FSU, UF, Ga Tech.

The FSU game at home where I thought Flowers might be able to lead the team to victory before Delvin Cook ripped us to shreds should be on this list as well. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

On 2/5/2022 at 6:48 AM, puc86 said:

The hottest I remember feeling in no particular order were at Alabama via Birmingham, at ucf in the citrus bowl, at UF and FSU here. Interestingly I remember at all three of the first mentioned games they ran out of water at halftime.

one of the greatest mysteries was running out of water at the alabama game before halftime.That is the first game of the year.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,269
  • Days Won:  255

3 hours ago, smazza said:

one of the greatest mysteries was running out of water at the alabama game before halftime.That is the first game of the year.

It’s because they only played one game a year there and it was insanely hot. Interestingly the last game we ever played there. To be the hottest games most typically be early in the season, have metal bleachers and run out of water.  At the UF game I remember people literally jumping in the empty Texas tankards of ice water. Those seats were roughly 500 meters from the sun.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,545
  • Days Won:  25

On 2/4/2022 at 9:36 PM, hm101 said:

Coach Scott needs a big win to rejuvenate this program. Hopefully he can pull this one out of his ass... or hat. Whatever they say. 

He does like to wear a hat 

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

That game at UCF Citrus Bowl was the worst I’ve seen it, and mainly because they ran out of water almost immediately. I had like 3 people in my group with heat exhaustion, nearly worse. 

I was at the UF game and remember how hot it was, but I was lucky to have alumni seats in the shade. UF games are much more fun when you live in Gainesville. And the Bulls looked like they might pull it out through the first half…

• Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,496
  • Days Won:  13

8 hours ago, WWMJD said:

That game at UCF Citrus Bowl was the worst I’ve seen it, and mainly because they ran out of water almost immediately. I had like 3 people in my group with heat exhaustion, nearly worse. 

I was at the UF game and remember how hot it was, but I was lucky to have alumni seats in the shade. UF games are much more fun when you live in Gainesville. And the Bulls looked like they might pull it out through the first half…

That game was lie 7-6 at halftime if I recall correctly. I was so **** hot. They had no water so I ordered a coke and poured it on my head. I also drank like 8 gatorades and never had to take a piss. Miserable experience. I'll go if it is a night game, otherwise I'll watch it on my tv. I'm getting too old and fat for this ****. lol

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Jeeezzz, this game is completely intimidating me now. Not sure how how I am going to die...starvation or a heat stroke. Oh well, I always knew I would die one way or the other watching USF football. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,713
  • Days Won:  109

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Jeeezzz, this game is completely intimidating me now. Not sure how how I am going to die...starvation or a heat stroke. Oh well, I always knew I would die one way or the other watching USF football. 

Don't take the heat threat lightly. Many people were carried out on stretchers at the UF game. Don't know if alcohol was involved or not. But a Gator fan that we were tailgating with gave us hand towels, told us to keep them wet and around our necks. Great advice. And also told us to bring in a bottle of water.  Well it turned out that you could bring in an empty bottle so I chugged the water and drank that pissy Gainesville Municipal water all day. But it kept me hydrated.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

13 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Don't take the heat threat lightly. Many people were carried out on stretchers at the UF game. Don't know if alcohol was involved or not. But a Gator fan that we were tailgating with gave us hand towels, told us to keep them wet and around our necks. Great advice. And also told us to bring in a bottle of water.  Well it turned out that you could bring in an empty bottle so I chugged the water and drank that pissy Gainesville Municipal water all day. But it kept me hydrated.

I will do the same…very good advice!