• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Today was day 1 for the 2022 USF FB season

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

2 hours ago, michibull said:

I love the scene you set. I’m not in Northern Michigan, but, I am freezing in Michigan nonetheless; and busting tail in an effort to move back to Tampa, haha. Enjoy the sunshine and warmth 🌴 and here’s to a better year this year 🤘🏻

👍

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

30 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

You did not. Want to take this opportunity.  I'll tell you we were at Busch Gardens for an Eagle tribute band and it is 72.  Now for May through October I might take NH.  But today? Today I'll take Tampa.

Yeah I have to figure out a way to live in both places upon my retirement. 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  1

13 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

That’s the dream right there!!

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I am also setting up for a Snowbird play.  It's genius.  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

15 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

That was our initial hope. But early retirement along with maintaining the house we had in NJ with $8k property taxes and all that goes along with it made it impossible for us. A friend of ours that lives up there now rents a 1 bedroom down here for about 1k per month instead of buying a house.  Has to rent it for the entire year to get that kind of price. Monthly rentals down here in the winter time are astronomical.

47 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

That was our initial hope. But early retirement along with maintaining the house we had in NJ with $8k property taxes and all that goes along with it made it impossible for us. A friend of ours that lives up there now rents a 1 bedroom down here for about 1k per month instead of buying a house.  Has to rent it for the entire year to get that kind of price. Monthly rentals down here in the winter time are astronomical.

Thanks for the info. 1k per month is certainly doable and still gives me some flex to fly down whenever I want. Option two is to buy two homes that are only moderately nice. Being single gives me a little more in options relative to square footage and quality. I think I would prefer my main home up here and then something “to get by own” down there. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

28 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Thanks for the info. 1k per month is certainly doable and still gives me some flex to fly down whenever I want. Option two is to buy two homes that are only moderately nice. Being single gives me a little more in options relative to square footage and quality. I think I would prefer my main home up here and then something “to get by own” down there. 

Single family home prices are crazy here now. Maybe there will be another depression before you retire and want to buy down here.  Unless you are wealthy. In that case you should be an Iron Bull.  🤘

3 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Single family home prices are crazy here now. Maybe there will be another depression before you retire and want to buy down here.  Unless you are wealthy. In that case you should be an Iron Bull.  🤘

Yeah prices up here are through the roof. I would love to sell my large home home now and downsize to something smaller but their is little in inventory available. But interest rates will slowly rise throughout 2022…hopefully I can sell in two years then look to something down there in about seven.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

18 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Where I live we have 2 golf courses, tennis courts, pickle ball courts, shuffle board, corn hole, bocce ball, 2 swimming pools, a sports pub,  pool room, complete weight room, card rooms, full dining services, etc., and will be less than 30 minutes from the OCS.

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,312
  • Days Won:  25

1 minute ago, BDYZR said:

Where I live we have 2 golf courses, tennis courts, pickle ball courts, shuffle board, corn hole, bocce ball, 2 swimming pools, a sports pub,  pool room, complete weight room, card rooms, full dining services, etc., and will be less than 30 minutes from the OCS.

Sounds like a year around vacation sign me up.