• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jeff Scott: "(The OCS) is going to happen. I'll go on record. It's not IF it's WHEN."

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347
  • Days Won:  0

On 12/19/2021 at 4:06 PM, Triple B said:

I'm not sure there's that much of a case to be made for the need of having one based strictly on the financial aspect ....

Isnt this obvious?

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,357
  • Days Won:  5

On 12/19/2021 at 10:23 AM, CousinRicky said:

So we should or shouldn't invest $250 million in a sport that you think is waning.  

This is a great question. Like chasing a dragon…

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

Just hit me that he said he wanted his new beach condo to be in the family for years, like very long term. Maybe that's a hint that he's not looking to be here for a quick turnaround job then leaving. I think he is our guy. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

9 hours ago, hm101 said:

Just hit me that he said he wanted his new beach condo to be in the family for years, like very long term. Maybe that's a hint that he's not looking to be here for a quick turnaround job then leaving. I think he is our guy. 

I agree.

He had multiple head coaching chances over the years... and turned them down to come here.  He won't be a Willie Taggart... he may not stay forever, but I don't think he'll take the first offer to come along when the team starts winning.

My guess is he will be here for 8-10 years, at least.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

10 hours ago, hm101 said:

21 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

I agree.

He had multiple head coaching chances over the years... and turned them down to come here.  He won't be a Willie Taggart... he may not stay forever, but I don't think he'll take the first offer to come along when the team starts winning.

My guess is he will be here for 8-10 years, at least.

Remember he said at the last regular season presser, that when he is gets this program turned around and other programs start to call him, he will remember how USF allowed him to stay to get the job done. It will be reciprocated. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

38 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Remember he said at the last regular season presser, that when he is gets this program turned around and other programs start to call him, he will remember how USF allowed him to stay to get the job done. It will be reciprocated. 

How naive, this guy will bounce IF he is successful.  He is saying this stuff to save his ass right now, we all would be saying the same BS, it is called coach speak.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

How naive, this guy will bounce IF he is successful.  He is saying this stuff to save his ass right now, we all would be saying the same BS, it is called coach speak.

Didn’t say I believed or did not believe it, just reporting what he said. That being said, I don’t think he would leave us for a Wake Forrest type of P5. But yeah, he could do a slick Willy. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

Didn’t say I believed or did not believe it, just reporting what he said. That being said, I don’t think he would leave us for a Wake Forrest type of P5. But yeah, he could do a slick Willy. 

Gotcha and agree, I thought the last statement “it will be reciprocated” was from you.  I really could care less anyways, just do something now.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

If progress is made next year I believe he and VPofA MK will be here together for a while.  

2 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

If progress is made next year I believe he and VPofA MK will be here together for a while.  

We would all be thrilled if that happens, fingers crossed.