• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Shout out to Cincinnati

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  198
  • Days Won:  0

The math says we won’t. USF refuses to invest in athletics at a comparable rate:

Athletic Program expenses 2019:

FBS Median $71M

Cincinnati $67M

UCF $68M

Houston $73M

USF $54M

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, sloan1919 said:

The math says we won’t. USF refuses to invest in athletics at a comparable rate:

FBS Median $71M

Cincinnati $67M

UCF $68M

Houston $73M

USF $54M

The OP has a growth mindset. This mindset is….The math since 2014 said a G5 can’t make the playoffs. Apparently you didn’t know schools are teaching new math 🤣

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Watched the game and was very happy for them especially beating Houston..Pretty awesome sight to see a packed stadium and all the fans flood to the field. Been a very very very long time since USF has experienced anything similar-but no championships. Cincy has a great fan base (yes much older school) and has invested heavily in their Team-Coaches-Facilities to get to where they are now. They will now reap the benefits of those investments as will UCF & Houston. Coulda Woulda Shoulda... 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,352
  • Days Won:  5

7 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I have 2 tip my hat to Cinci. As a membet of the AAC/Big East,  they did nothing but collect wins, accolades, BCS bowl/NY6 appearances and left their mark on the CFB history books as the 1st G5 team team 2 make the playoffs "prior" to the expanded playoffs. Also, its another notch on the AAC's belt.  Their journey should be a testament to how high USF Football actual ceiling is. Who the f**k says, we can't make it to the playoffs one day? Who the f**k says we can't eventually win a National title? I say the sky's the limit! Like it or not, the transfer portal isn't going nowhere. We either gotta adapt and learn how 2 use it 2 our advantage or get left behind. It has changed the game and leveled out the playing field! This is in addition to the extended playoffs. Whether we are a part of the AAC, Independant or in a P5 conference, I'm excited for USF's future period. If u dont feel that way, I RESPECT that as well. (Im not in the mood 2 go back & 4th with anybody lol)............This brandy and life has me feeling grateful right now 😎

Pin this mods.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

4 hours ago, sloan1919 said:

FBS Median $71M

Cincinnati $67M

UCF $68M

Houston $73M

USF $54M

Gee, I wonder why they refuse to ...

Athletic Program revenues 2019:

FBS Median $70M

Cincinnati $69M

UCF $69M

Houston $75M

USF $55M

... maybe one day some will wake up and smell the ******* coffee. Administration should shoulder some of the blame but the bulk of it goes to other factors including the fact that we were a late comer to the game and the area we're located in.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

8 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I have 2 tip my hat to Cinci. As a membet of the AAC/Big East,  they did nothing but collect wins, accolades, BCS bowl/NY6 appearances and left their mark on the CFB history books as the 1st G5 team team 2 make the playoffs "prior" to the expanded playoffs. Also, its another notch on the AAC's belt.  Their journey should be a testament to how high USF Football actual ceiling is. Who the f**k says, we can't make it to the playoffs one day? Who the f**k says we can't eventually win a National title? I say the sky's the limit! Like it or not, the transfer portal isn't going nowhere. We either gotta adapt and learn how 2 use it 2 our advantage or get left behind. It has changed the game and leveled out the playing field! This is in addition to the extended playoffs. Whether we are a part of the AAC, Independant or in a P5 conference, I'm excited for USF's future period. If u dont feel that way, I RESPECT that as well. (Im not in the mood 2 go back & 4th with anybody lol)............This brandy and life has me feeling grateful right now 😎

Funny, as I was reading your post and the way you wrote it I wondered...is old GB325 a bit in his cups?? 🥴 Your last line confirmed it. Intoxicants just feel good and level the world out sometimes. :GoBulls:

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

18 minutes ago, Triple B said:

FBS Median $70M

Cincinnati $69M

UCF $69M

Houston $75M

USF $55M

... maybe one day some will wake up and smell the ******* coffee. Administration should shoulder some of the blame but the bulk of it goes to other factors including the fact that we were a late comer to the game and the area we're located in.

Gotta spend money to make money...(and not just on buyouts for ex-coaches)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

14 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

Gotta spend money to make money...(and not just on buyouts for ex-coaches)

I'm assuming there's some sort of governance for educational institutions on the amount of money they can spend that they don't have ...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,704
  • Days Won:  108

53 minutes ago, Triple B said:

FBS Median $70M

Cincinnati $69M

UCF $69M

Houston $75M

USF $55M

Saved me the trouble of looking it up.