• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Nothing to look forward to

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

Soo.....

- The conference is falling apart.  And if that isn't bad enough we are dragging it down with our record.

- Speaking of our record...We're coming off 1 & 2 win seasons.  

- Team has no identity.  Our defense was at the bottom of FBS until.... we fired the DC?  Is that a fluke?  Was UCF hurt that bad by injuries?  Could people with 0 history of calling plays really do better than the guy our HC previously picked to run the show? How does that happen?  And on offense....while we eventually showed some flashes, our QB really only ended up with a handful of TD passes.

- No QB1.  McClain *might* be good enough next year but there's no way in my mind he's good enough to be called starter without another QB competition...and this past year that competition resulted with a QB1 who only made it two games.

- Manghams season was wasted.  One less year for him to be part of a good team.

- No sense that the coaching staff can call a good game when it's on the line.

- Oh and we now have a losing record against UCF and probably will be unable to fix that anytime soon.

What the heck are you guys telling yourself to remotely stay positive and interested?  Because I need to hear it.

• Downvote 2
  • ???? 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,573
  • Days Won:  28

3 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

Soo.....

- The conference is falling apart.  And if that isn't bad enough we are dragging it down with our record.

- Speaking of our record...We're coming off 1 & 2 win seasons.  

- Team has no identity.  Our defense was at the bottom of FBS until.... we fired the DC?  Is that a fluke?  Was UCF hurt that bad by injuries?  Could people with 0 history of calling plays really do better than the guy our HC previously picked to run the show? How does that happen?  And on offense....while we eventually showed some flashes, our QB really only ended up with a handful of TD passes.

- No QB1.  McClain *might* be good enough next year but there's no way in my mind he's good enough to be called starter without another QB competition...and this past year that competition resulted with a QB1 who only made it two games.

- Manghams season was wasted.  One less year for him to be part of a good team.

- No sense that the coaching staff can call a good game when it's on the line.

- Oh and we now have a losing record against UCF and probably will be unable to fix that anytime soon.

What the heck are you guys telling yourself to remotely stay positive and interested?  Because I need to hear it.

Nothing. There is nothing you can do but figure out how to enjoy your experience as a fan whether we win or lose. Its your choice to either be miserable along the way to success or simply accept the long journey and have fun. The Buccaneers sucked for like 30 years b4 finally winning a Super Bowl. Hell they have 2 Super Bowls now. Keep track of our incoming recruits, transfers, practice updates if you are bored and get ready for next season. 

• Upvote 3

• Content Count:  335
  • Days Won:  1

Bout sums it up.  In the red zone the team looks like a circus.  Offense takes forever to get in plays and the guy in charge mentions Clemson every other sentence.  

• Haha 1

• Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

8 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

The Buccaneers sucked for like 30 years b4 finally winning a Super Bowl. Hell they have 2 Super Bowls now. 

The Bucs didn't get kicked down to the Arena Football league.  And they still get a piece of the NFL revenue that allows them to bring in good players.  To say nothing of how bad years are offset by draft day.  So that comparison doesn't help me...

And I understand the overall point of your post is, "you gotta just deal", but that's not the answer I was looking for.  Was looking for hope.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

13 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Nothing. There is nothing you can do but figure out how to enjoy your experience as a fan whether we win or lose. Its your choice to either be miserable along the way to success or simply accept the long journey and have fun. The Buccaneers sucked for like 30 years b4 finally winning a Super Bowl. Hell they have 2 Super Bowls now. Keep track of our incoming recruits, transfers, practice updates if you are bored and get ready for next season. 

Heck do more than that! Watch the basketball teams, the baseball teams, go to a track and field event, if you haven't been to the baseball/softball complex, check it out. On a spring day its the best place in sports. There's more in athletics besides football, what? I know, right? Football just gets the most exposure. If you don't follow other sports yet, it will feel weird at first. But you start seeing the same people, get talking to the parents of the players, sometimes we even win! What? I know, right? Seriously tho, football is the king of the mountain by a long ways, but these other sports are fun to be a part of also. And especially now with Women's basketball beating the last year's national champs yesterday. It's gonna be ugly in Men's basketball but in the five games I'm starting to see kind of a chip on the shoulder developing, us against the world kind of deal, so who knows, maybe we will win a game or two in-conference. What? I know, right?  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

29 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Excellent point, it’s amazing how some of our “fans” are complete phony’s when it comes to USF football. Once we start winning again they will slime their asses back into the conversation by finding something else to piss and moan about…even after a victory. Some people are just miserable regardless. I stopped responding to most because that’s just who they are. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

I actually am optimistic after this last game.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

rain singing GIF