• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Nothing to look forward to

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

51 minutes ago, Brad said:

Stupid.  In first ten years of existence?  In a BCS conference?   Here we go again.  Code for hater.  Ignore. 

he coached in non-BCS conferences too, Brad. he didnt win much of anything there either.

but we know u think the program is in disarray because of the fans on your message board so we have the miserable aaand… the miserable. at least u have a place to not only vent, but attack those very fans.

if the horrible fans on this board hold so much power, imagine if this place was used to actually do something productive for the program instead of just fester in decades-old bitterness over CJL.

the biggest thing this program can do to improve itself is exorcise that demon but it’s clear so many in our fanbase don’t want to let it go.

it’ll take a generation, or another undeserved hand-up to a Big Boys conference based on our recruiting location & media market rather than our on-field exceptionalism, to move past the imaginary CJL curse that’s really just bitter blood & spite from older fans that refuse to move on.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

2 hours ago, TRUTH D. Antagonist said:

he coached in non-BCS conferences too, Brad. he didnt win much of anything there either.

but we know u think the program is in disarray because of the fans on your message board so we have the miserable aaand… the miserable. at least u have a place to not only vent, but attack those very fans.

if the horrible fans on this board hold so much power, imagine if this place was used to actually do something productive for the program instead of just fester in decades-old bitterness over CJL.

the biggest thing this program can do to improve itself is exorcise that demon but it’s clear so many in our fanbase don’t want to let it go.

it’ll take a generation, or another undeserved hand-up to a Big Boys conference based on our recruiting location & media market rather than our on-field exceptionalism, to move past the imaginary CJL curse that’s really just bitter blood & spite from older fans that refuse to move on.

These CJL hater takes are just bad. You can call it bitter or whatever, the fact is that people who expected more than what he gave are d.e.l.u.s.i.o.n.a.l. 

And move on to what? The university isn't even competitive. If we had even a 6-6 record, CJL probably wouldn't be brought up. But since this university can't get anything going, it is important to remind the CJL haters that you were flat out wrong, objectively. That he was doing something special. 

I'm really amazed that after seeing what happened with the program that it's even a debate if CJL did well, that's MY issue. 

• Upvote 1

By the way, I feel to a much lesser extent an attachment to CWT as well. I'm pretty sure I would've taken him over CJS when that decision was going on. I didn't know it was controversial to like former coaches who did good things at USF... 

Is someone going to act like CWT was a horrible coach too because he didn't win a championship? It was happening, he just needed more time, like CJL. Obviously Willie didn't put in the time here like Jim, but Willie should always be welcome here. It's weird that half this 'fan' base is allergic to praising our greats....

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

3 hours ago, WhoRUSF said:

By the way, I feel to a much lesser extent an attachment to CWT as well. I'm pretty sure I would've taken him over CJS when that decision was going on. I didn't know it was controversial to like former coaches who did good things at USF... 

Is someone going to act like CWT was a horrible coach too because he didn't win a championship? It was happening, he just needed more time, like CJL. Obviously Willie didn't put in the time here like Jim, but Willie should always be welcome here. It's weird that half this 'fan' base is allergic to praising our greats....

I believe it's just being tired of the same argument, "we suck only because we fired CJL." I will always appreciate CJL and he will always have a special place in this program and in our memories. But to think for a second he could recruit in this environment, have the same relationship with the media that he did,  or simply out work these young hungry coaches in the conference is a little much. 

I LOVED what CWT was able to do with this team. His recruiting was insane, the gulf coast offense was legendary, and the confidence the team had was untouchable.  BUT he pulled the trigger too quick. Can't fault someone for chasing their dreams,  it sucked,  but I'd take him back in a heart beat. Plus the program was burned so far down to the ground I'm not even sure it could still be considered the program that CJL built. We were really REALLY bad. 

I'm hoping CJS's bamboo analogy comes to fruition. He's a good man, he's learning on the job,  but the truth is his learning. The team just has to learn to win. They have to find that killer instinct and learn to be consistent. It's just bad timing that our down years come when the conference is a strong as it's ever been top to bottom.

Plus I dare the people who say we aren't making progress to go back and watch the games from CCS back end, watch CJS's first season again, shoot watch CWT's first year, or CSH's last year. This team is worlds better than any of those. Our competition is just better as well. I'd even say this team could beat all of those teams above easily. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,703
  • Days Won:  108

14 minutes ago, TromBull12 said:

I believe it's just being tired of the same argument, "we suck only because we fired CJL." I will always appreciate CJL and he will always have a special place in this program and in our memories. But to think for a second he could recruit in this environment, have the same relationship with the media that he did,  or simply out work these young hungry coaches in the conference is a little much. 

I LOVED what CWT was able to do with this team. His recruiting was insane, the gulf coast offense was legendary, and the confidence the team had was untouchable.  BUT he pulled the trigger too quick. Can't fault someone for chasing their dreams,  it sucked,  but I'd take him back in a heart beat. Plus the program was burned so far down to the ground I'm not even sure it could still be considered the program that CJL built. We were really REALLY bad. 

I'm hoping CJS's bamboo analogy comes to fruition. He's a good man, he's learning on the job,  but the truth is his learning. The team just has to learn to win. They have to find that killer instinct and learn to be consistent. It's just bad timing that our down years come when the conference is a strong as it's ever been top to bottom.

Plus I dare the people who say we aren't making progress to go back and watch the games from CCS back end, watch CJS's first season again, shoot watch CWT's first year, or CSH's last year. This team is worlds better than any of those. Our competition is just better as well. I'd even say this team could beat all of those teams above easily. 

Well done. 

image.png.212cc0a8bb055dd461bdee600eda2c7b.png

38 minutes ago, TromBull12 said:

I believe it's just being tired of the same argument, "we suck only because we fired CJL." 

Trust me, I wish this wasn't reality, but it is. We should learn the lesson of knowing what is good when we have good. We got too greedy. We would do well to learn the lessons of the past. 

I LOVED what CWT was able to do with this team. His recruiting was insane, the gulf coast offense was legendary, and the confidence the team had was untouchable.  BUT he pulled the trigger too quick. Can't fault someone for chasing their dreams,  it sucked,  but I'd take him back in a heart beat.

Well said. I'd fire CJS today if we could get CWT back. Same as I would Leavitt. 

I will always appreciate CJL and he will always have a special place in this program and in our memories. But to think for a second he could recruit in this environment, have the same relationship with the media that he did,  or simply out work these young hungry coaches in the conference is a little much. 

Pure speculation. He has always been a great coach and you have no idea what coach would do if we gave him his rightful opportunity again. 

Edited by WhoRUSF
  • Like 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

8 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

You know what, I want 2 leave this thread on a positive note. @Ghostbuster Here is a few reasons why the future is looking bright. 

1. We got much needed D-Line replacements in the transfer portal already and we are getting MORE! We are getting quality players! 

2. Our offensive line is returning. Our starters next year will be mainly 5th year seniors. With an offseason in the weight room, physically maturing, these guys should dominate next year. 

3. Timmy McClain has a whole season of film full of mistakes to learn from. A summer of strength & conditioning and working on his game.

4. We are getting a new Defensive coordinator....anybody is better than Glen!

5. Playoffs are expanding! We have an "opportunity" to make the playoffs and the strength of schedule these next 5 years.

6. QB recruit - Byrum Brown!!!! If we csn hold on to this guy, he will either push Timmy McClain or take his job. His current stats -  68% completions, 3238yds, 39tds, 3ints, 161 carries, 1050yds, 12tds. 

Go Bulls!

My friend, trust me, just get ready and enjoy the ride.

7. A $20 million indoor practice facility opens up in about 10 months for current players to use and for recruits to be impressed with.

8. An on campus stadium will be announced within weeks. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Like 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

39 minutes ago, WhoRUSF said:

Trust me, I wish this wasn't reality, but it is. We should learn the lesson of knowing what is good when we have good. We got too greedy. We would do well to learn the lessons of the past. 

Well said. I'd fire CJS today if we could get CWT back. Same as I would Leavitt. 

Pure speculation. He has always been a great coach and you have no idea what coach would do if we gave him his rightful opportunity again. 

Yeah but he will never ever get that opportunity so why waste your breath? Wishing it so will not matter…he is NEVER EVER NEVER EVER COMING BACK…move on. 

• Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,473
  • Days Won:  13

16 hours ago, WhoRUSF said:

Piss and moan until we get Jim Leavitt back. That's what I do. 

image.jpeg.584e58b00997a280ef16eec0bc3ee888.jpeg

• Haha 4

• Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,473
  • Days Won:  13

8 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

You know what, I want 2 leave this thread on a positive note. @Ghostbuster Here is a few reasons why the future is looking bright. 

1. We got much needed D-Line replacements in the transfer portal already and we are getting MORE! We are getting quality players! 

2. Our offensive line is returning. Our starters next year will be mainly 5th year seniors. With an offseason in the weight room, physically maturing, these guys should dominate next year. 

3. Timmy McClain has a whole season of film full of mistakes to learn from. A summer of strength & conditioning and working on his game.

4. We are getting a new Defensive coordinator....anybody is better than Glen!

5. Playoffs are expanding! We have an "opportunity" to make the playoffs and the strength of schedule these next 5 years.

6. QB recruit - Byrum Brown!!!! If we csn hold on to this guy, he will either push Timmy McClain or take his job. His current stats -  68% completions, 3238yds, 39tds, 3ints, 161 carries, 1050yds, 12tds. 

Go Bulls!

My friend, trust me, just get ready and enjoy the ride.

all-of-that-everything.gif

• Haha 1