• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Nothing to look forward to

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

41 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

A couple of things on recruiting to remember:

1 - USF will only have 83 total scholarships for 2022-2023 thanks to Charlie Strong.

2 - This year USF will have even fewer because we have a lot of players returning... so USF won't be able to bring in more than perhaps 10 high school players and then a handful more transfers.

3 - Recruiting rankings will change as coaches change.  Cincy is currently #2 on 247 - but if Fickell moves on, how many commits will drop?

To be honest, I think if USF only had the commits and transfers as of this reply, it will easily win 6 games next year ... with the chance to win up to 10-11 games total.

They all will have to have immediate impact and perform better than advertised (I think the ratings are sometimes a little skewed and hope this is the case now) because even when adjusted due to numbers, USF has a 2.38 star average which still leaves the program near the bottom. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,473
  • Days Won:  13

3 hours ago, Mission9 said:

They all will have to have immediate impact and perform better than advertised (I think the ratings are sometimes a little skewed and hope this is the case now) because even when adjusted due to numbers, USF has a 2.38 star average which still leaves the program near the bottom. 

So just using the 247 rankings we have a 3.0 average with several commits not scored yet (they don't count as 0 stars) ... Moreover, as of this reply USF has a better average 247 score for 2022 (83.19) than in 2015, when USF was #1 in the AAC (83.14)... which can be interpreted as nearly everyone in the AAC, USF included, is getting better recruits than previous seasons.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,520
  • Days Won:  25

9 hours ago, Mission9 said:

It is all about developing your recruits and talent and putting them in schemes and the best position to succeed . Position coaches and  OC/ DC coordinators are huge for player development.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,653
  • Days Won:  29

I'm watching these recruits come in and watching heavy equipment for the IPF.

Go BULLS !!!

under construction please GIF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 hours ago, E.T. said:

I'm watching these recruits come in and watching heavy equipment for the IPF.

Go BULLS !!!

under construction please GIF

I am watching you watching the recruits coming in and watching heavy equipment for the IPF. 

• Haha 1