• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anyone else feel robbed?!?!?!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

48 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Timmy has serious situational awareness problems

this is so true but more fundamentally he doesnt know when the play clock is running down time and time again

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,025
  • Days Won:  38

19 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

Didn’t even look like a TD, but there was no need for us to give up half the field on the punt.  Why does USF insist on giving up a cheap TD right before the half in almost every game?

We robbed ourselves on that one.  That fake out on the punt was absolutely absurd.  

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

2 minutes ago, smazza said:

this is so true but more fundamentally he doesnt know when the play clock is running down time and time again

This may be on the coach, gotta get a play call in to him with time to get it called at the line, ideally a pre-snap read of the defense, etc. Gotta get quicker all around. 

Now... Do I fee robbed? Absolutely, if Scott made the DC change sooner, we could have won 4-6 games this year probably.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

Just now, Orlando Bull said:

This may be on the coach, gotta get a play call in to him with time to get it called at the line, ideally a pre-snap read of the defense, etc. Gotta get quicker all around. 

Now... Do I fee robbed? Absolutely, if Scott made the DC change sooner, we could have won 4-6 games this year probably.

D was noticeably better.  Wow.  All season we accepted that there was a talent issue, and there was a bit of that…but look what happens when you don’t play soft.  I’ll take it. Should’ve done that weeks ago

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,025
  • Days Won:  38

2 minutes ago, Orlando Bull said:

This one week turnaround on defense I really can't fathom.  I don't even know if I can believe it going into next year and will have to assume we will still be bad.

Just now, MaltLiquorBull said:

but look what happens when you don’t play soft.

There is that.  It was was very Coshy.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

Feel robbed of pretty much the last 13 years of college football.

As for tonight....You. Cannot. Take. A. Sack. There.  So that's mostly on the QB but also on whoever calls the plays and failed to remind Timmy to throw it away.

And we saw this time management crap in an earlier game this season (forget the exact game) when no one realized the clock stopped after Timmy got a first down, and we were in the last seconds of the first half.  Even the **** head coach was walking off the field at the end of the play instead of realizing you could run to line of scrimmage and *try* to run a play.  It was in fact the *REFS* who were the ones to tell everyone the game wasn't over and get back on the field (only to watch the time expire bc of confusion anyways)

So idunno...I think the coaching is bad because they don't understand time management; that trait is transferred to the players which then leads to a loss like tonight.  But whatever we have to ride it out, we need money for facilities not paying ex coaches to stay at home.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,681
  • Days Won:  108

46 minutes ago, Brad said:

🙄

I think we insist on giving up a TD so that the second half is more intriguing.  

i don't think the rust bucket has the cameras to really review that TD at the end of the half.  It was close.  The things refs are supposed to do is call it a TD so it can be reviewed but when the cameras suck, it makes no difference.

Didn't that happen at Ga Tech a few years back. Opposite end of the field from our fans and a questionable non TD by our tight end.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Just now, CousinRicky said:

Didn't that happen at Ga Tech a few years back. Opposite end of the field from our fans and a questionable non TD by our tight end.

Yeah at Ga Tech....was Cronkite. How a P5 stadium today doesn't have a sideline view is crazy. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

50 minutes ago, Brad said:

🙄

I think we insist on giving up a TD so that the second half is more intriguing.  

i don't think the rust bucket has the cameras to really review that TD at the end of the half.  It was close.  The things refs are supposed to do is call it a TD so it can be reviewed but when the cameras suck, it makes no difference.

There was an official right there who threw his hands up signaling td.  With that and no camera angles, you are hosed.  Again, don’t give up half the field on the previous punt, and it’s a non-issue.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,681
  • Days Won:  108

1 minute ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Yeah at Ga Tech....was Cronkite. How a P5 stadium today doesn't have a sideline view is crazy. 

It's the bounce house, not a p5 stadium. 

• Haha 1