• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How do you see us closing out the season?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,143
  • Days Won:  39

On 11/4/2021 at 12:26 PM, NewEnglandBull said:

I realize I am probably the last person on this board who believes this but I do think he will turn it around. Certainly, there is no quantifiable reason to take this position as we are a mess. But that being said there are some qualitative aspects that I like. He has taken responsibility for his decisions, he has noted he is learning, and he has created players who have the right attitude (but noted not the degree of talent we might like). Further, the offense has improved significantly from last year and with experience I believe it will generate points. That being said, we are all about to see if Scott can make the hard decisions regarding the DC (assuming no improvement over the next 4 games). Much like @widerberg said, we are too far in to turn around now (and yes, that’s what she said). 

I still believe he can still turn it around.  Why?  Because we have seen it in flashes.  One thing they have done is really set the culture up right (yes I know people hate this word).  They play extremely hard and never quit.  The 2nd half of the BYU game was completely nuts for example.  I think they believed they would win and I kinda did too going into the onside kick.  I think this is the full potential of the team once they get rolling.  In my opinion that talent has actually out-performed at times.  We know the defense is in a terrible position, but they have done enough to win in several games.  What happens when they can they beef up the roster?  We've seen them in position to beat SMU and pick up a couple more wins.  Don't USiF me because I know where we are and the scoreboard is what it is...  My only question is on the strategy and chemistry of the staff and their feel of the game.  The red zone tends to be an embarrassing debacle, and they make weird gametime decisions and 180s.  This can be corrected though, as I feel like the whole staff is green in general.  

Again, I don't know for sure if they WILL, but with some more talent and a couple staff process tweaks they should have a pretty good foundation this year.  Throw in a UCF win and I think we are feeling pretty good. :1397_metal_tone3:

Edited by Rocky Style
  • Go Bulls! 4

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

_KD20076.jpg?preset=large.socialmediaima

No. 20 Houston is the first of back-to-back Top 20 ranked foes for the Bulls at Ray Jay.

"What do you see when you see this schedule?'' Scott asked his players. "People on the outside may see more of the same, more struggles. But what do you see?''

Scott paused.

"Personally, I see opportunity,'' he said. "I see an opportunity for this team to get a lot of the big-time wins we've been building for.''

. . .

"The message to our team is, hey, we've got four games left in the (regular) season,'' Scott said. "We have made progress. We haven't turned that into the number of wins we wanted and expected.

"But this season will be based on how we finish. Everybody remembers November. Our next two games are at home against the top two teams in our league right now (Houston, Cincinnati). Many people may look at that and see challenges and adversity. I choose to see it as opportunity. I truly believe with the way this group has worked behind the scenes, pushing forward each and every day, there are going to be some good things ahead in the finish of the season. One of those (opportunities) is ahead of us on Saturday night.''

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,143
  • Days Won:  39

Gotta steal a couple wins somehow...

• Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

failed crash and burn GIF by truTV’s Bobcat Goldthwait’s Misfits & Monsters

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

On 11/2/2021 at 11:51 PM, bigsky said:

spacer.png

Just thought I'd interject a fun fact here. This is this Kanigit loser's 6th ID on here, that we know of, dating back to at least 2013. That's darn close to brybull territory ....

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

18 hours ago, E.T. said:
_KD20076.jpg?preset=large.socialmediaima

No. 20 Houston is the first of back-to-back Top 20 ranked foes for the Bulls at Ray Jay.

"What do you see when you see this schedule?'' Scott asked his players. "People on the outside may see more of the same, more struggles. But what do you see?''

Scott paused.

"Personally, I see opportunity,'' he said. "I see an opportunity for this team to get a lot of the big-time wins we've been building for.''

. . .

"The message to our team is, hey, we've got four games left in the (regular) season,'' Scott said. "We have made progress. We haven't turned that into the number of wins we wanted and expected.

"But this season will be based on how we finish. Everybody remembers November. Our next two games are at home against the top two teams in our league right now (Houston, Cincinnati). Many people may look at that and see challenges and adversity. I choose to see it as opportunity. I truly believe with the way this group has worked behind the scenes, pushing forward each and every day, there are going to be some good things ahead in the finish of the season. One of those (opportunities) is ahead of us on Saturday night.''

This is sad. Had a strange dream last night and I was in a parking lot of an away game with Jeff Scott in a RV next to us and I got into an argument with him at HALF TIME.  (Said it was strange). He was trying to convince me to buy season tickets next year and I was telling him how he has cost us $800k per win.  Finally we agreed that if we scored 14 points in the second half of the game I'd buy the tickets. Don't remember who we played and woke up before the 2nd half started.  

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

19 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

This is sad. Had a strange dream last night and I was in a parking lot of an away game with Jeff Scott in a RV next to us and I got into an argument with him at HALF TIME.  (Said it was strange). He was trying to convince me to buy season tickets next year and I was telling him how he has cost us $800k per win.  Finally we agreed that if we scored 14 points in the second half of the game I'd buy the tickets. Don't remember who we played and woke up before the 2nd half started.  

?? Hmmm??  Time for a possible MED @ BED check...? Or, if you were a product of the 60's "They" said you would have some flashbacks...🧐

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,089
  • Days Won:  469

My goal this season was simple - see improvement from game to game.  I've seen that.  It would be nice to see enough to defeat Houston or Cincinnati, but I don't see that.  Offense has improved some, defense as well, but still nothing we can count on.  

It appears the players are buying in/bought.  We should begin to see some improvement in the W column.  

I think it would be a nice close to win two of these final four games to close it out.  Tall order.  Still two of the final four would be progress.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

How does the 800k per win come into play?  Just weird dream stuff, or is there some other logic behind that number?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,089
  • Days Won:  469

His math has always been suspect when done in his sleep.