• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

No More Rumors - Official AAC Expansion

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Looking at our out of conference schedules if we go undefeated we’ll be the highest ranked G5

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  1

5 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Exactly my point. I think that we would need to schedule stronger out of conference games. 

I agree with that. And I think we almost have to pretend we're 15 years ago and even accept some 2 for 1 games or pay day 1 and done away games. I mean, we're not the USF we were in the BE. We're not even the USF we were in the AAC a few years ago. As others have mentioned, though, the P4/P5s are creating alliances and making it more difficult to schedule. Over the next 4 or 5 years, we've got another Florida game, a couple Bama games, Miami games. Somehow we need more of that and, as long as we keep winning, I've gotta think we're in a good position.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

10 minutes ago, widerberg said:

I agree with that. And I think we almost have to pretend we're 15 years ago and even accept some 2 for 1 games or pay day 1 and done away games. I mean, we're not the USF we were in the BE. We're not even the USF we were in the AAC a few years ago. As others have mentioned, though, the P4/P5s are creating alliances and making it more difficult to schedule. Over the next 4 or 5 years, we've got another Florida game, a couple Bama games, Miami games. Somehow we need more of that and, as long as we keep winning, I've gotta think we're in a good position.

It is lined up for us if we can turn it around.  We need to see the fury come out of the team and coaches to get some wins here to build for next year.

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

8 minutes ago, widerberg said:

I agree with that. And I think we almost have to pretend we're 15 years ago and even accept some 2 for 1 games or pay day 1 and done away games.

Have we really ever been to the point where we turned our nose up at 2/1's and 1/done? Although I guess that helped the asswipes to the NE because they're ooc scheds were pathetic enough where they could go on winning streaks without really playing anyone ....

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  959

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Have we really ever been to the point where we turned our nose up at 2/1's and 1/done? Although I guess that helped the asswipes to the NE because they're ooc scheds were pathetic enough where they could go on winning streaks without really playing anyone ....

This is true. Although, for a while there years ago, they were scheduling way above their weight class in OOC. They were getting beat by all those teams, but it got their name out there. Then they went soft on the scheduling to make the records look more presentable. Cunning bastards.

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,097

1 hour ago, BDYZR said:

I do think, with the strength of schedule in this conference, that the out of conference games will become much more important. They use to say the same about the BE, that the strength of the conference games wasn't strong enough to get the rankings needed to playoff consideration. Will winning this conference get us the "highest ranked G5"?

If strength of schedule in OOC is going to mean more, then we have some good strength lined up in the future:

BYU, Alabama, Florida, NC State, Louisville, Boise, Miami FL, Notre Dame

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,097

Also, this talk that USF should go independent is rubbish.

You have to be financially able to sustain your program to go independent (ND, BYU, Army, Navy, maybe Uconn from basketball).  Any other independent (probably Uconn, New Mexico State, Umass, Liberty) can't find homes because no one wants them.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

19 minutes ago, bull2saintleo said:

Also, this talk that USF should go independent is rubbish.

You have to be financially able to sustain your program to go independent (ND, BYU, Army, Navy, maybe Uconn from basketball).  Any other independent (probably Uconn, New Mexico State, Umass, Liberty) can't find homes because no one wants them.

I wish we were part of the first group because independence is awesome, but we are the 2nd group.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Remember when USF was scheduled by P5 teams so they could have a warm-up game but then, we started beating those teams and the cancellations started to come in. Oh the days when we would beat an upper level team and then they would fire their coach..Ha!(bit of half truth but..did happen) You get beat by USF and your jobs gone...Their fans deflated and irate calling for a coaches head.....Oh how I long for the Olden Days...🤗  Maybe we will be giant killers once again--soon. Please Soon-Jeff

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  581
  • Days Won:  0

On a different note, this from College Football News:

8. Don’t assume this is slowing down.

At some point, the Big 12 will realize that going after USF – Tampa, rivalry with UCF, massive enrollment – makes a whole lot of sense, and the AAC hanging on to Memphis is a mild upset.