• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,588
  • Days Won:  3

22 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

I agree this would be the best option. I understand why many would prefer to leave the AAC's newer additions behind, but the PAC doesn't have a media deal (couldn't get one even when the PAC was still relatively intact) and it would be pricey for those who exit like USF - a much riskier and expensive proposition.

On the other hand, if the PAC just joins the AAC, we keep and probably improve the media deal, pay no exit fee, and keep open the prospect of joining the ACC one day if it still makes sense to do so. And if the B1G or ACC change their minds in the next year or two, and Stanford and Cal split from the AAC, we're really in no worse position than we started.

Worst possible outcome in all this would be for the ACC or B1G to change their minds in the next week or two and end up taking Stanford and Cal. If that happens, USF will need to really focus on improving its athletic programs (especially FB and BB), in the hope that FSU and others eventually split from the ACC, and we're an attractive candidate at that point to join the ACC.

If that happens , I say we take our 4-6 best teams and go to the MWC. Or vice Versa 

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Yeah, I think I'm going to confine my USF related podcasts to GameTime, CC and Darek's ...

Can you clarify what podcasts Gametime and CC are?  I want to add a few to my rotation and couldn't find them when I searched Apple Podcasts.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

1 minute ago, bull2saintleo said:

Can you clarify what podcasts Gametime and CC are?  I want to add a few to my rotation and couldn't find them when I searched Apple Podcasts.

College Gametime Podcast with Trey Smith

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

2 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

I like seeing the visuals on youtube...

College GameTime - YouTube

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

Here is the formula that works for me. 

8 AAC

4 PAC

then a year later 4 MWC. 

So, 8 East and 8 West .... limit the travel, so you play your side more than the other side. 

To me, there are 9 viable AAC schools, the 8 returning plus Rice, who gets left behind? candidates would be: 

Memphis - bad academics

Temple - bad geography

Navy/Wichita State - bad sport offerings

Rice - power holders in the AAC may protect the existing members

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467

1 hour ago, Peatearpan said:
1 hour ago, TallyBull said:

I agree this would be the best option. I understand why many would prefer to leave the AAC's newer additions behind, but the PAC doesn't have a media deal (couldn't get one even when the PAC was still relatively intact) and it would be pricey for those who exit like USF - a much riskier and expensive proposition.

On the other hand, if the PAC just joins the AAC, we keep and probably improve the media deal, pay no exit fee, and keep open the prospect of joining the ACC one day if it still makes sense to do so. And if the B1G or ACC change their minds in the next year or two, and Stanford and Cal split from the AAC, we're really in no worse position than we started.

Worst possible outcome in all this would be for the ACC or B1G to change their minds in the next week or two and end up taking Stanford and Cal. If that happens, USF will need to really focus on improving its athletic programs (especially FB and BB), in the hope that FSU and others eventually split from the ACC, and we're an attractive candidate at that point to join the ACC.

If that happens , I say we take our 4-6 best teams and go to the MWC. Or vice Versa 

There could be a great new truly "American" conference with a PAC-4, MWC AAC blend.  But surely the schools and their "leadership" will find a way to screw it up.

I find it ironic and darkly humorous that the football-playing universities formed the NCAA to provide oversight because they couldn't police themselves, then started chafing under the NCAA collar when some of the big boys couldn't have everything their way and now people are talking that we need some sort of national college football "czar" because its now every U for themselves.  

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  960
  • Days Won:  1

5 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

There could be a great new truly "American" conference with a PAC-4, MWC AAC blend.  But surely the schools and their "leadership" will find a way to screw it up.

Agreed, any kind of “merger” would have to be the PAC4, MWC and AAC, there is A LOT of dead weight in the AAC and MWC, if that is cleaned up, it could be a legitimate 5th conference. BUT, as you said, it will get messed up, haha. 

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347
  • Days Won:  0

20 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

I find it ironic and darkly humorous that the football-playing universities formed the NCAA to provide oversight because they couldn't police themselves, then started chafing under the NCAA collar when some of the big boys couldn't have everything their way and now people are talking that we need some sort of national college football "czar" because its now every U for themselves.  

Seems quite obvious the top schools in each of these conferences need to figure out a way to make it work or they will get left out. This is also a play to get some of the ACC schools once it gets raided to death.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,046
  • Days Won:  10

34 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

Here is the formula that works for me. 

8 AAC

4 PAC

then a year later 4 MWC. 

So, 8 East and 8 West .... limit the travel, so you play your side more than the other side. 

To me, there are 9 viable AAC schools, the 8 returning plus Rice, who gets left behind? candidates would be: 

Memphis - bad academics

Temple - bad geography

Navy/Wichita State - bad sport offerings

Rice - power holders in the AAC may protect the existing members

I don't care about how bad Memphis academics are; I would like them to be part of it too. They have been solid in both basketball and football. 

• Like 2

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468

7 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

I don't care about how bad Memphis academics are; I would like them to be part of it too. They have been solid in both basketball and football. 

I agree. I would vote out Rice, but I know Stanford would prioritize their AAU status.