• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FRESH OFF A BYE WEEK, BULLS READY . . .

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Scott_Team_Tunnel.jpg?preset=large.socia

One of two teams nationally to face four current Top 25 teams, USF tested going into final seven games.

Some excerpts:

"Ultimately for us to get over the hump, we can't make excuses. We have to realize it (highly ranked competition) is going to make us better down the road and not allow these losses to create doubt and negative energy. I'm definitely not happy with our record, but I am pleased with how the guys have responded to these challenging games. If we do the things required to win and have success, I really feel like we have a chance to build some momentum moving forward. Now we're going to get some opportunities to do that.''

"Now let's go play well,'' Scott said. "At the end of the day, the choice is ours, the coaching staff and the players. Are we going to allow those (first) five games to make us stronger and hungrier and better or are we going to allow them to bring us down, lose confidence and go through the motions? Ultimately, it's a decision everybody has to make each and every day. Right now, I'm pleased with the decision our guys are making. These guys are staying together pretty good.''

"The only thing we've proven in the first five games is we haven't played well enough to beat a top 25 team,'' Scott said. "We haven't had opportunities to play any other (unranked) teams yet. The reality is we've been a 20-point (or more) underdog in four of those games.

"Let's don't act like we were favored to win all these games and we let everybody down. Do we want to win every time out? Yes. I think we had a chance to win in three of those four losses. We showed the ability to compete. But we have to play very, very well. The margin for error is very small.''

"It's not about throwing out some smokescreen,'' Scott said. "It's about being honest and it's about reality. Why did we lose these games? Here's why. Here are the eight plays that we didn't execute. When you don't execute against a really good team, it can get away from you really quickly.

"Our season is not going to be determined by our first five games. Our success will be determined by our next seven games. We're going to be playing teams we match up better against. Right now, all we know is we haven't played well enough over four quarters to upset teams that were favored by an average of 24 points. We have to be more consistent. We've shown it at times. But we haven't been consistent enough and that's going to be required in the next seven games.''

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  848
  • Days Won:  1

This may be the first time I've heard a coach mention specific point spreads after losing games. Coach might've said a little too much in this article.

I hope he wins Saturday but if he doesn't this article could be his "Nathan, weren't we just 7-0?!?" moment

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  807
  • Days Won:  1

If Scott can't beat Tulsa or Temple at this point it's probably not going to work out for him. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,588
  • Days Won:  3

How long is CJS contract? Regardless, I am in favor of giving him the full length of his contract no matter the outcome of these next few seasons. I am not a fan of firing a coach when they have years left on contract, and then paying them off while we snag the next ‘hot’ coordinator or retread P5 coach.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

21 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

How long is CJS contract? Regardless, I am in favor of giving him the full length of his contract no matter the outcome of these next few seasons. I am not a fan of firing a coach when they have years left on contract, and then paying them off while we snag the next ‘hot’ coordinator or retread P5 coach.

Its 43 years 😀

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,588

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Its 43 years 😀

Ok, good. That should be enough time to get his recruits in, and help them learn the system. We may even have an OCS by then!

Also, over/under three wins all time for CJS after his 43 season?

Edited by Peatearpan
  • Haha 2

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Always Hopeful, but kinda tough when your the bottom feeder that also has the bottom rung on the recruiting projections..But, Always Hopeful

HOPEFUL                                 **just go beat these SOB's cut the crap**

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,722

3 hours ago, BrowardBull17 said:

If Scott can't beat Tulsa or Temple at this point it's probably not going to work out for him. 

Agreed.  More so Temple.  If we can't beat Temple next Saturday night then Jeff Scott is NOT the guy for this job.  Temple looks absolutely pathetic this season, even worse than USF.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,722

I keep hearing progress this and progress that, and how the theme for the 2021 season is progress.  We will find out Saturday if any progress is being made.  No more excuses.  Get it done.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433

3 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

Agreed.  More so Temple.  If we can't beat Temple next Saturday night then Jeff Scott is NOT the guy for this job.  Temple looks absolutely pathetic this season, even worse than USF.

Woah woah woah. Slow down with the insults. They have TWO whole victories over FBS teams.