• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fun with Stadium Ideas

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,989
  • Days Won:  12

A kid zone - playground, games, etc

Agreed, need TVs showing other games, past games etc

Maybe an area with games for adults (Mets stadium has this I believe)

Sponsored beverage/food tastings at halftime/before or after games in a sponsored area (CSU has a new Belgium bar area) for additional cost

Alumni/university info center which would include an admissions rep and alumni assoc. Rep to keep the community engaged and be available for engagement 

Tampa themed... have reps from the other teams there or info to show collaboration, or at least a section highlighting what Tampa is all about when visiting Big 10 teams come in and alumni who have moved 

The stadium needs to be an experience not just a place to watch football games

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  685
  • Content Count:  7,646
  • Days Won:  6

2 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

2. Cup holders - don't usually see them with bleachers.

That's were these come in...

Fixed cup holders for bleachers and rentable ($ cha-ching) slip-on seats with cup holders for those not in club/chair sections.

Cupguard Stadium Cup Holders by Spectator Sports Inc. provide fans the  convenience to hold their beverages while creating sponsorship  opportunities with semi-permanent vinyl labels. Adding a printed pocket  sized pamphlet insert to Sportzone Luxury Stadium Chair | First Team Sports

Edited by 79 Bull

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,701
  • Days Won:  108

6 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

That's were these come in...

Fixed cup holders for bleachers and rentable ($ cha-ching) slip-on seats with cup holders for those not in club/chair sections.

Cupguard Stadium Cup Holders by Spectator Sports Inc. provide fans the  convenience to hold their beverages while creating sponsorship  opportunities with semi-permanent vinyl labels. Adding a printed pocket  sized pamphlet insert to Sportzone Luxury Stadium Chair | First Team Sports

You see those seats in many college stadiums.  For some reason NC State comes to mind. Not sure IIRC as I didn't go this year.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,518
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Just being up front. Just being playful here and your ideas are all worth noting.

1. Seat backs - not sure those bars on the backs of bleachers are called seat backs.

2. Cup holders - don't usually see them with bleachers.

3. Covered areas to get out of sun/rain with lots of fans. - they are called ponchos.

4. Good sound system/ Jumbotron - everyone looks at their phone now. No need for screens.

5.  The Bulls/home team tunnel - who else would be the home team.

6.  Green and Gold color seats to differentiate sections - just paint the bleachers.

7. Bull Statues outside of stadium. Like at Marshal center - maybe we can start a tradition of rubbing his nuts on the way in.

8. Use Bull Runner buses to shuttle people to other parking lots on campus. So we could tailgate/park mutiple places on campus - doesn't work for getting people to Ray Jay so won't work on campus.

9. Real grass to allow the UCF cheerleaders to graze. - Got nothing for this one - brilliant.

10. Plenty of High speed 5G data to stream other games while tailgating - why cater to UF fans?

Ricky for new university president!

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,473
  • Days Won:  13

14 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

This seems like the most obvious thing to do.

Also, if we are talking about stadium ideas I have a few.

1. Awnings covering the stands to block the sun.

2. The stadium should be built with flowing sound towards the field. We should aim to be the loudest stadium on CFB. Seahawks stadium as an example.

3. There should be a natural place near tailgating area for TV to showcase both the stadium and fans.

"Tailgating area" .... you mean the entire campus??  Based on the possible locations... it's unlikely to have a lot of tailgating that close to the stadium.... I could see USF using MLK Plaza in the same way UCF uses Memory Mall and Ole Miss uses The Grove.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,701
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

"Tailgating area" .... you mean the entire campus??  Based on the possible locations... it's unlikely to have a lot of tailgating that close to the stadium.... I could see USF using MLK Plaza in the same way UCF uses Memory Mall and Ole Miss uses The Grove.

Can't wait for the opening day of this stadium.  People will show up mid 2nd quarter because they a) can't find the stadium or b) got drunk tailgating and didn't realize they had to wait for the Bullrunner to get to the stadium or c) went to Ray Jay and had to find the USF campus.

Now get off my lawn.

Edited by CousinRicky

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

As the product sits now, a very large vomitirium.

• Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,650
  • Days Won:  29

On 12/10/2021 at 7:48 PM, NewEnglandBull said:

It will take me months to find my name😂

They may put yours upside down :) 

• Topic Count:  685
  • Content Count:  7,646
  • Days Won:  6

On 12/10/2021 at 10:17 PM, USFBULL_08 said:

1. Awnings covering the stands to block the sun.

If possible, this would be great.  However, that would be a lot of permanent awnings.  Maybe some moveable sail or curtain system that can be adjusted to shade as much of the stands as possible given the time of the game.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  222
  • Days Won:  0

Agree about the awnings - have thought that myself.

I was at the UF-FSU game in Gainesville a couple of weeks ago, and I noticed that there were bronze plaques with the names of boosters on top of the bollards.  What a neat fundraising idea to pay for something that is basically a security measure. With innovative solutions such as this, we’ll be able to pay for the stadium quickly.

(Sarcasm Font)  I would ever consider sponsoring a urinal, and dedicating it to UCF Athletics…lol

Go Bulls

• Haha 1