• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Expect a formal announcement on the stadium this week

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

52484388.jpg

Edited by chapelbull
  • Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417
  • Days Won:  3

18 minutes ago, jjlovecub said:

So they may be working on something or they may not. And they are working on an announcement but there might not be one - at least not now because they wouldn’t say either way. And progress is being made on some things that we won’t talk about and the sun may or may not come out tomorrow. So basically right where we were before. And to think I thought this whole thing was going to be broken on a message board. It had made for some great wishful reading though. 

This guy gets it

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

They were trying to sneak it into the bipartisan infrastructure bill but got discovered at the last minute?

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

6 minutes ago, TheUpperHand said:

They were trying to sneak it into the bipartisan infrastructure bill but got discovered at the last minute?

We should have highlighted that we intended to make the most green stadium in the world!

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

We need an OCS "Rumors" "tweets" "etc" thread 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  18
  • Days Won:  0

Stadium announcement is GUARANTEEED to be announced this year... - *in my Charles Barkley 

Big 12 wants to see more of a investment on Athletics from USF before inviting them since if you invite them right now, they wouldn't really be incentivized to build a stadium and invest on athletics as a whole. Big 12 wants USF more than Boise... However, they need to see the infrastructure and commitment. IF NOT, Boise gets in instead of us. There was a reason why Will Weatherford brought up the stadium during the ceremony...

More than one person told me this as well.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,733

7 hours ago, zarnozdabull said:

We need an OCS "Rumors" "tweets" "etc" thread 

Hopefully, it wouldn't get to 2200+ pages.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  103

The more I read this thread, the more aware I become that as fans we are in the bargaining stage of grief.  So many "Connected" people with "inside info" on how we are getting a shiny new stadium! I didn't realize that everyone on this board had insiders embedded in the athletics department who share confidential info with them.   Its nice to have hope. But there is no way that this program, after YEARS of not being able to get out of their own way, is suddenly going to be able to throw together a plan to, fund, design, and build a stadium in a matter of months for completion in 3-5 years. 

We have people on this board seriously believing that an invite from the AAU is coming, followed by one from the B1G! Seriously take a step back and think of that.   How hard was it for this school to become "pre-eminent"? Does anybody remember how the state legislature tried their best to stop that from happening?  Do you remember that we had USF Lakeland taken from us and converted into a ghost town Poly school by the state?  Now we think that the state reps who did that hatchet job on USF are going to turn around and do all they can to help USF get into a better conference (B1G) than FSU and Miami?  There is no way on earth any of this is going to happen.  

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

Someone here thought we were around 5-6k season ticket accounts. That's not actually true. 

I asked my ticket rep before the season, and I asked this same question several years ago-we've been hovering around 10k season ticket holders for a while now. I think an OCS will boost that.