• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

GoUSFBulls.com: Message From Vice President of Athletics Michael Kelly

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

Message From Vice President of Athletics Michael Kelly

MESSAGE FROM VICE PRESIDENT OF ATHLETICS MICHAEL KELLY

Michael Kelly (H.20)

To Bulls Nation,

Today's announcement regarding conference realignment is not unexpected, though it is disappointing for those of us who love the University of South Florida and have great ambitions for it.

I recognize that the shifts in the collegiate athletics landscape we are currently seeing are unsettling to many and particularly to Bulls Nation, which is seeking answers as to what lies ahead.  I am confident we are headed toward a bright future.

As evidenced by the groundbreaking for the Indoor Performance Facility and Chairman Weatherford's visionary commitment to building an on-campus stadium, we will uplift our football program and continue the upward trajectory of all our athletics programs and university. We must dedicate our energies toward the factors we can control within our university and athletics department.  We must develop resources and invest aggressively in building on the foundation of remarkable success that we have experienced in our relatively young history.

History tells us more change lies ahead and I believe we will see further developments that will provide great opportunities. We will always evaluate and work for the best interests of the University of South Florida.  As we move forward, USF will relentlessly pursue success one champion at a time and will be a leader among our American Athletic Conference peers.

Go Bulls!

• Go Bulls! 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

I hope things are opening up in the background to let him get things done.  It's either that or pack it in.  

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Brad said:
Message From Vice President of Athletics Michael Kelly

MESSAGE FROM VICE PRESIDENT OF ATHLETICS MICHAEL KELLY

September 10, 2021

Michael Kelly (H.20)

To Bulls Nation,

Today's announcement regarding conference realignment is not unexpected, though it is disappointing for those of us who love the University of South Florida and have great ambitions for it.

I recognize that the shifts in the collegiate athletics landscape we are currently seeing are unsettling to many and particularly to Bulls Nation, which is seeking answers as to what lies ahead.  I am confident we are headed toward a bright future.

As evidenced by the groundbreaking for the Indoor Performance Facility and Chairman Weatherford's visionary commitment to building an on-campus stadium, we will uplift our football program and continue the upward trajectory of all our athletics programs and university. We must dedicate our energies toward the factors we can control within our university and athletics department.  We must develop resources and invest aggressively in building on the foundation of remarkable success that we have experienced in our relatively young history.

History tells us more change lies ahead and I believe we will see further developments that will provide great opportunities. We will always evaluate and work for the best interests of the University of South Florida.  As we move forward, USF will relentlessly pursue success one champion at a time and will be a leader among our American Athletic Conference peers.

Go Bulls!

So this was what was already posted no? He sounds professional which is good, I just hope he is Pit Bull enough to get us in a better place. 

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

IMO, this is a predictable statement. I’m struggling with how long I give the administration before I start to think what they’re saying is smoke and mirrors. 

There’s two things I’m watching out for:

1. We went from a football facility that included an IPF to just the IPF. When are they going to fully commit to the football facility?

2. The OCS comments loom large IMO. USF/Weatherford/Kelly do not have months and months to sit on what was said without action. The excitement generated By Weatherford’s comments will turn to further frustration if we don’t see action. 

Time-wise, what should our expectations be about seeing the strategy and then words to actions?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

9 minutes ago, cmhatter said:

IMO, this is a predictable statement. I’m struggling with how long I give the administration before I start to think what they’re saying is smoke and mirrors. 

1. We went from a football facility that included an IPF to just the IPF. When are they going to fully commit to the football facility?

2. The OCS comments loom large IMO. USF/Weatherford/Kelly do not have months and months to sit on what was said without action. The excitement generated By Weatherford’s comments will turn to further frustration if we don’t see action. 

Time-wise, what should our expectations be about seeing the strategy and then words to actions?

The 50 people on this website will remember. The rest of the Tampa Bay area has already forgotten about those remarks.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

1 hour ago, cmhatter said:

Personally I wouldn’t say anything without having a plan for immediate roll out if I had any intention of doing something, that it could not have been any more shy on details lends me to believe it was more saying what you think people want to hear than actually having any intentions. Excitement will dislocate quickly as we have all heard this all before.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Smoke and mirrors. Calling it for what it is. The administration at USF has been complacent for years - and now we’re looking up permanently at UCF hoping that UAB, Army and others will join our sad panda conference. What a failure at the top. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

19 hours ago, Brad said:
...and Chairman Weatherford's visionary commitment to building an on-campus stadium...

ALL HAIL CHAIRMAN WEATHERFORD

image.png 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

The 50 people on this website will remember. The rest of the Tampa Bay area has already forgotten about those remarks.

The rest of Tampa was never listening in the first place.