• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The OCS Is Too Late for Conference Expansion

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

13 hours ago, Sellular1 said:

Revenue gap will make it impossible to stay relevant.  There has never been a wider gap between the haves and have nots

I have been hearing that for 40 years.  Seriously, take a deep breath everyone.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

11 hours ago, cmhatter said:

Random thought… and I know the cost of a stadium is far higher than lost ray jay revenues… got it.

Seeing as nobody is going to USF games this season… how damaging is the lack of attendance, parking, concessions to the day jay rental business case? 

The stadium will be full tomorrow.  Fuller than if we packed a 30,000 seat stadium.  This season's average attendance is going to be just fine.  This one game will make up for any possible shortcomings later.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,077
  • Days Won:  2

Personally, if we build an OCS, I don't care what conference we play in.  We can stay in the AAC forever and I'll be fine with it.  Playing in RJS makes good USF football not as good, and it makes bad USF football pointless.  I would rather watch us play Tulsa on campus than Kansas St. in RJS.

• Like 3

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,510
  • Days Won:  422

25 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Aren't we limited to the amount of parking passes we're allowed to keep the money from?  

Thought it was 3,000 maybe we're given ...

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  551
  • Days Won:  1

40 minutes ago, jg233 said:

Personally, if we build an OCS, I don't care what conference we play in.  We can stay in the AAC forever and I'll be fine with it.  Playing in RJS makes good USF football not as good, and it makes bad USF football pointless.  I would rather watch us play Tulsa on campus than Kansas St. in RJS.

:facepalm:

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,009
  • Days Won:  38

1 hour ago, BullDoug said:

just for shins and griggles...what's the OCS best naming rights?  Schitz Malt Liquor Bull House?

It's gotta be Publix.  The colors even match.

54 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

I have been hearing that for 40 years.  Seriously, take a deep breath everyone.

We need way more hustle and get after it attitude.  Granted, this is dying in general but we don't have to join the population on this.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

23 hours ago, Bulls 1 said:

I agree with you.  On my previous post, If I implied that we should not build the OCS, that was not what I meant.  We need to build it.  As stated "Good leadership makes decisions based on 3 to 5 year timelines"  We should have built the IPF 4 or 5 years ago and have the stadium by now.  That would have helped with recruiting and our product on the field.  However, we are now left behind.  USF leadership has dug a hole that we may not be able to get out of.  

Good point. And, it would appear that they are making an attempt to dig USF out of that "hole"..about 8-10 folks showed up with shovels the other day and started to dig some dirt.. Golden shovels to boot...Proud Of You Reaction GIF

• Upvote 1

Kind of off the subject but I'll use this for tailgating.  Just arrived today. 

USF Cooler.jpg

Edited by Bulls 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Is that the Orca?  You plan to tailgate with that while discussing how the OCS is too late for conference expansion?

5 hours ago, Brad said:

Is that the Orca?  You plan to tailgate with that while discussing how the OCS is too late for conference expansion?

Yes, and I will always be a Bull.  I never said I would boycott the team.  I merely expressed my thoughts on how we got to the point of being left behind.  When and if we build the OCS, I will donate (not as much as some) to help pay for the stadium.